Morbid places of the world

I want to go camping/hiking where the Dyatlov Pass incident happened
Sick. Just took a read into it. Very interesting. Why did you dare to go there/?? haha

I think the creepist place I have been was the Dachau concentration camp in in Germany when I was in the Army. The Highway of Death in Kuwait was kind of gnarly too.

Leakin Park (in Baltimore) is a weird place. After we got there, my buddy went into how it's a dumping site for bodies. People leave creepy projects out in the woods, too. Kinda' like the stick figures in the Blair Witch Project. There's two bordering neighborhoods that contribute the most of the corpses. We actually heard some distant shots from one of them. There's also quite a few access roads, that allow further contributions, from other areas. The parks dept. ended up blocking the roads, and this reduced the amount of bodies. They did some campaign to get people to visit. Not sure how that worked out.

Do you happen to watch some urban explore channels in youtube?

There is one named "This is Dan Bell" and explores abandoned Malls,some districts in Detroit,BWI, and that Leaking Park you mentioned where they found a dumped burning car.

If I recall correctly, it was originally a destination for family members to leave the elderly. They would make this request as not to burden their family members, when they could no longer care for themselves.

Yesh! They call the practice "Ubasute" if I remeber corectly.

The period its most practiced I think was during late middle ages during a time in Japan that Civil wars and natural disasters become too occurent.

And to conserve resources elderly people chose death.

Any of my fellow travellers have a morbid curiosity and have an active interest in seeking these places out on their travels?

Ive been to the Sedlec Ossuary in Czech Rep and the Catacombes of Paris. There are alot more things like this I want to see before i die.

The Sedlec Ossuary (Czech: Kostnice v Sedlci; German: Sedletz-Beinhaus) is a small Roman Catholic chapel, located beneath the Cemetery Church of All Saints (Czech: Hřbitovní kostel Všech Svatých), part of the former Sedlec Abbey in Sedlec, a suburb of Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic. The ossuary is estimated to contain the skeletons of between 40,000 and 70,000 people, whose bones have, in many cases, been artistically arranged to form decorations and furnishings for the chapel. The ossuary is among the most visited tourist attractions of the Czech Republic, attracting over 200,000 visitors annually.[1]

Four enormous bell-shaped mounds occupy the corners of the chapel. An enormous chandelier of bones, which contains at least one of every bone in the human body, hangs from the center of the nave with garlands of skulls draping the vault.

Sedlec-Ossuary-Czech-Republic-12.jpg

The Catacombs of Paris (French: Catacombes de Paris, pronunciation (help·info)) are underground ossuaries in Paris, France, which hold the remains of more than six million people[2] in a small part of a tunnel network built to consolidate Paris' ancient stone quarries. Extending south from the Barrière d'Enfer ("Gate of Hell") former city gate, this ossuary was created as part of the effort to eliminate the city's overflowing cemeteries. Preparation work began not long after a 1774 series of gruesome Saint Innocents-cemetery-quarter basement wall collapses added a sense of urgency to the cemetery-eliminating measure, and from 1786, nightly processions of covered wagons transferred remains from most of Paris' cemeteries to a mine shaft opened near the Rue de la Tombe-Issoire.

The ossuary remained largely forgotten until it became a novelty-place for concerts and other private events in the early 19th century; after further renovations and the construction of accesses around Place Denfert-Rochereau, it was open to public visitation from 1874.

ParisCatacombs-9b0f678ccab940c28916e64afa309bfb.jpg
looks like morbid kaos bruh

Reactions: HHJ
It's the shame of committing the act. Performing it in isolation makes the act easier for them. It's much like the subculture of Hikikomori. They isolate themselves from society. I think the adoption of the lifestyle is preparation for committing suicide. They unrealistically hope to never be found, or know it will take a while. This make follow through easier for them.
Should I worry about a friend? She went on some sort of Hikikomori thing since 2019 she is not Japanese she is Korean/Chinese but she is your typical " weeboo" ( Is that what they call people who loves Japanese subculture?)

She lives alone in an appartment and recently told me she left her husband and that her bestfriend back stabed her.

Do you happen to watch some urban explore channels in youtube?

There is one named "This is Dan Bell" and explores abandoned Malls,some districts in Detroit,BWI, and that Leaking Park you mentioned where they found a dumped burning car.

Haven't seen the show. Guess I'll have to check it out.
Should I worry about a friend? She went on some sort of Hikikomori thing since 2019 she is not Japanese she is Korean/Chinese but she is your typical " weeboo" ( Is that what they call people who loves Japanese subculture?)

She lives alone in an appartment and recently told me she left her husband and that her bestfriend back stabed her.

I guess I'd keep tabs on them. We're talking about people that didn't leave their homes, for anything. If she's still going to work and such, that's not so bad.

Haven't seen the show. Guess I'll have to check it out.

I guess I'd keep tabs on them. We're talking about people that didn't leave their homes, for anything. If she's still going to work and such, that's not so bad.

Heres the channel if you are wondering.

His Dirty Motel series is hilarious but I got tired of it after some time.

Any of my fellow travellers have a morbid curiosity and have an active interest in seeking these places out on their travels?

Ive been to the Sedlec Ossuary in Czech Rep and the Catacombes of Paris. There are alot more things like this I want to see before i die.

The Sedlec Ossuary (Czech: Kostnice v Sedlci; German: Sedletz-Beinhaus) is a small Roman Catholic chapel, located beneath the Cemetery Church of All Saints (Czech: Hřbitovní kostel Všech Svatých), part of the former Sedlec Abbey in Sedlec, a suburb of Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic. The ossuary is estimated to contain the skeletons of between 40,000 and 70,000 people, whose bones have, in many cases, been artistically arranged to form decorations and furnishings for the chapel. The ossuary is among the most visited tourist attractions of the Czech Republic, attracting over 200,000 visitors annually.[1]

Four enormous bell-shaped mounds occupy the corners of the chapel. An enormous chandelier of bones, which contains at least one of every bone in the human body, hangs from the center of the nave with garlands of skulls draping the vault.

Sedlec-Ossuary-Czech-Republic-12.jpg

The Catacombs of Paris (French: Catacombes de Paris, pronunciation (help·info)) are underground ossuaries in Paris, France, which hold the remains of more than six million people[2] in a small part of a tunnel network built to consolidate Paris' ancient stone quarries. Extending south from the Barrière d'Enfer ("Gate of Hell") former city gate, this ossuary was created as part of the effort to eliminate the city's overflowing cemeteries. Preparation work began not long after a 1774 series of gruesome Saint Innocents-cemetery-quarter basement wall collapses added a sense of urgency to the cemetery-eliminating measure, and from 1786, nightly processions of covered wagons transferred remains from most of Paris' cemeteries to a mine shaft opened near the Rue de la Tombe-Issoire.

The ossuary remained largely forgotten until it became a novelty-place for concerts and other private events in the early 19th century; after further renovations and the construction of accesses around Place Denfert-Rochereau, it was open to public visitation from 1874.

ParisCatacombs-9b0f678ccab940c28916e64afa309bfb.jpg

Chicago ghettos

Auschwitz or any of the concentration camps.

Would love to go to Sulawesi Indonesia and meet the Indonesian Clint Eastwood and M.Bison!

135574779410_0013657.jpg

ma%2Bnene%2Btoraja8.jpg

They even Duged up M.Bison!
ritual-manene-di-tanah-toraja-yang-seram.jpg

Reactions: HHJ
Back