Television MOON KNIGHT TV Series (Wins an Emmy)

If you have seen the entire series, how would you rate MOON KNIGHT?

• Total voters
I havent really cared for any of the marvel shows so far, is this one worth checking out? I will still probably watch it but hawkeye was the best of the 4 and that isnt saying much.

Moon Knight series was very lame. I'm convinced authors of review articles saying it's a smash success were paid to write that bullshit. I don't even care if there's a second season to showcase taxi cab driver personality. Don't throw good money in after bad. Move on to some other characters.

I wanted to see some Moon Knight as Batman stuff.

Yeah that's fair enough. I liked the multiple personality angle and that drew my interest as they developed it more. I've only seen Isaac in this, star wars, and the terrible xmen apocalypse. At least it exposes him to a mainstream audience that may not have seen his other work. I need to see ex machina.

I feel the same way you do about Fassbender. Great in everything and improves even a bad movie, but I wish he wasn't in so much schlock sometimes.

Ex Machina is one of the best movies from the past 10 years IMO and Isaac is superlative in it. I hope that you get the chance to check it out.

I enjoyed Card Counter too. It is a Paul Schader movie that is very much a Paul Schrader movie. Perhaps not one of his best but still interesting if you like his work.

Agree re Fassbender

Finished it and I have to say it’s quite lame to save the coolest character for a small cut scene at the end but I suppose this is an origin story of sorts so they are leaving some room for growth if you will, didn’t blow my socks off but still enjoyed it mostly, could have gone a lot deeper and harder seemed like they held back some

final rating overall 7 (best ep 8.5, others around the 6 range)

The final episode was only decent for me. It just wasn't executed well. I love kaijus but the giant Ammit-Konshu was out of nowhere and didn't really fit. The avatars that died deserved their fate for being a bunch of dumbasses during the whole trial.

Episode 5 was still the best episode of the series and episode 1 was pretty good. But aside from those two episodes, I just found the rest of the series to be meh.

I personally wanted the grounded Moon Knight version but was willing to give this iteration a chance. It could have worked but almost everything was not just executed properly.

I hate that Layla character so much. Talk about a Mary Sue. Is there ever a time Moon Knight got into a fight and got out of it without being rescued by her at the last second? She is just overpowered and she didn't do anything to earn it. At least with Mark and Steven they have their own struggles and it felt like there was character growth. MCU definitely has a problem with writing female characters. Scarlet Witch is amazing but the rest are garbage.

Oh boy this shows has tons of unanswered plotholes.
  • How did Marc's scale balance when there's another alter ego called Jake?
  • How have Marc and Steven not wondered at all about Jake?
  • Why the heck are all those other avatars weak AF?
  • Why haven't those other gods showed up if they weren't turned into stone statues yet?
  • How TF does Steven not even know about Marc's adventures? How has he not noticed that he sometimes wakes up a few days later? How does his employers not confronted him above missing work for days when Marc was out adventuring?
  • How is does Steven not know about his mother when Marc literally created Steven just before he got his ass whooped by his mom?

I think Jake was the one that got his ass whooped all the time. It would explain why he is fucked up and willing to kill people.

I have no idea though, show was a mess.

Going back to the Moon Knight I knew as a kid, before the whole Khonshu retcon stuff, Marc Spector was the guy. He was a mercenary badass. He had an alias as Steven Grant, a rich playboy (Batman-esque but not as rich or tech), and an alias Jake Locksley, a taxi cab driver / street-level connections. He had no powers or supernatural abilities. Like Batman. He had crescent darts like shuriken or the little movie batarangs, and a truncheon (like Daredevil's billy club). No suit that dressed itself like Iron Man. He could not fly, but maybe glide a little. Peak human strength, reflexes, agility, and such for his build.

Anything other than this, including pretty much everything in the show, might as well be a whole new character. To me, it's like they made a Spider-Man movie and when bitten he grew two more sets of arms/legs. Totally different.

Last edited:
The final episode was only decent for me. It just wasn't executed well. I love kaijus but the giant Ammit-Konshu was out of nowhere and didn't really fit. The avatars that died deserved their fate for being a bunch of dumbasses during the whole trial.

Episode 5 was still the best episode of the series and episode 1 was pretty good. But aside from those two episodes, I just found the rest of the series to be meh.

I personally wanted the grounded Moon Knight version but was willing to give this iteration a chance. It could have worked but almost everything was not just executed properly.

I agree with this 100%

What a lame, annoying series, 3/10 at best.

I enjoyed the show overall. It has its holes for sure though.
I think this show is best watched all at once. If I had watched it one week at a time I don't know if I would have given it a chance.
It wasn't spectacular, but I like the idea of the character, and I like Oscar Issac. Khonshu is also an interesting character, and could make for some intersting ideas to explore in the hands of a good writer.

What does the taxi driver Moon Knight costume look like in the comics?

Series was a 7/10. I was ready to go 6/10, until the post credit of the finale.

I enjoyed the mental aspects of the series.

Started very strongly, with an interesting first episode. But it got bogged down in exposition and, quite frankly, there wasn't enough Moon Knight in the series that bore his name. I think someone said he's only in costume and kicking ass for about 20 minutes out of the entire season.

There were also some eye-wateringly stupid moments. Including, but not limited to, Harrow/s, "trial"

Avatars, "Are you planning to release the Evil Death Goddess and kill billions of people?"

Harrow, "No sir, I am not"

Avatars, "Sounds legit. Case dismissed!":rolleyes:

Marc or Steven zoning out and then coming back and finding dead bodies all around them is cool the first couple of times. But after that, they need to show their work.

On the plus side, Isaac, Hawk and Abraham all perform like the pros they are. And it was nice to watch an MCU show/movie set mainly in the UK and Middle East.

Series was a 7/10. I was ready to go 6/10, until the post credit of the finale.

I enjoyed the mental aspects of the series.

As did I, although I found it amusing that some fans seem to think this was the first major MCU character with Dissociate Identity Disorder.

Norman Osborn/Green Goblin. "Are we a joke to you?" ;)

Back