Moody ambient.

Man have I been addicted to this soundtrack. Anyone got similar stuff?

I just rewatched the Final Cut version in 4K earlier today. My all time favorite Science Fiction movie and the most beautiful film soundtrack. Vangelis is legendary

Richard D. James is my favorite electronic musician and he has produce some of the most moving ambient music I have ever heard. These three tracks are off of his second full length album under his Aphex Twin moniker Selected Ambient Works Volume II released in 1994

You want moody ambient huh? I got chu bro..

Lorn is amazing..

Some more of my faves.. more later

I just rewatched the Final Cut version in 4K earlier today. My all time favorite Science Fiction movie and the most beautiful film soundtrack. Vangelis is legendary

Richard D. James is my favorite electronic musician and he has produce some of the most moving ambient music I have ever heard. These three tracks are off of his second full length album under his Aphex Twin moniker Selected Ambient Works Volume II released in 1994

*SNIPPED*
Crazy part about this is this was released in 1994. Dude was WAAAY ahead of his time. He's a legend. Boards of Canada has a very similar vibe to Aphex Twin. OP would probably dig Boards of Canada.

OP if you want to hear something heavier but have an ambient moody vibe check out Skeler. He produces "wave" music which is like ambient but a bit heavier. I love driving at night in the rain with this going. Definitely sets the mood. Good vibes. Enjoy OP!

Ahhh this thread popped up right when I needed it.

Thanks, Sherbros.

Love this shit.

Crazy part about this is this was released in 1994. Dude was WAAAY ahead of his time. He's a legend. Boards of Canada has a very similar vibe to Aphex Twin. OP would probably dig Boards of Canada.

OP if you want to hear something heavier but have an ambient moody vibe check out Skeler. He produces "wave" music which is like ambient but a bit heavier. I love driving at night in the rain with this going. Definitely sets the mood. Good vibes. Enjoy OP!

Music Has the Right to Children and Geogaddi are amazing records by BOC. The Campfire Headphase and their latest release ain't too shabby either but don't hold a candle to the bands first two records. I also noticed that some of the songs on both those albums I have heard some commercials and documentaries.

Tim Hecker. Chimeras off of Harmony in Ultraviolet is quality

Global Communication's album 76:14 is another fine ambient album released the same year as Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Volume II

Another album also released in 1994 is Ambiant Otaku by the highly underrated Tetsu Inoue from Japan. The last track Magnetic Field might just by my favorite off this album.

Mat Jarvis better known by his pseudonym Gas released his debut Gas 0095 in early 1995 and third track off of it microscopic is wonderful.

Biosphere's third album Substrata released in 1997. This album gives you a feeling of being alone in a cabin overlooking the mountains in the winter time during a snow storm.

Some other artists to check out is the late Pete Namlook and his first Air album, Stars of the Lid (Their whole discography is worth it), The KLF, The Orb, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno, Robert Rich, Lustmord, and Steve Roach just to name a few

@Satanical Eve check out that post I made with Lorn in it. Lorn is awesome. Lorn is life.
I didn't even see that you posted Lorn. Lorn is great and all but damn are most of his songs somewhat short but I can't complain dude makes some wonderful music.

Do you by chance produce any ambient or music in general? I've recorded a a few different ambient albums over the past few years.

Tim Hecker. Chimeras off of Harmony in Ultraviolet is quality

Global Communication's album 76:14 is another fine ambient album released the same year as Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Volume II

Another album also released in 1994 is Ambiant Otaku by the highly underrated Tetsu Inoue from Japan. The last track Magnetic Field might just by my favorite off this album.

Mat Jarvis better known by his pseudonym Gas released his debut Gas 0095 in early 1995 and third track off of it microscopic is wonderful.

Biosphere's third album Substrata released in 1997. This album gives you a feeling of being alone in a cabin overlooking the mountains in the winter time during a snow storm.

Some other artists to check out is the late Pete Namlook and his first Air album, Stars of the Lid (Their whole discography is worth it), The KLF, The Orb, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno, Robert Rich, Lustmord, and Steve Roach just to name a few

Big ups for the Global Communication love. That's one of my all time favourite albums.

He's not mostly known for his ambient stuff, but I've always felt this track would fit the Blade Runner soundtrack. Really creepy.

I apologise for the fact that all my picks in this genre seem to be about 6 days long. I think I need my ambient tracks to have time to breathe or something.

I didn't even see that you posted Lorn. Lorn is great and all but damn are most of his songs somewhat short but I can't complain dude makes some wonderful music.

Do you by chance produce any ambient or music in general? I've recorded a a few different ambient albums over the past few years.

I do not but I have always wanted to dabble. Never had the expertise or gumption to really do it.

TEED (Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs) isn't known for ambient. Was impressed to hear this on Chill XM a couple of months ago. Awesome music. Not quite ambient more chillwave with a hint of ambient and synth thrown in.

Last edited:
Back