• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MONSTER HUNTER RISE Hypetrain

Yeah, it was a pretty intense fight. Another one I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I should start using the "provision drops" for some extra health when it comes to fights like that.
I've only cleared the first real hunt of the game. Are Rajang and Valstrax a long ways off?

My only criticism is the monster roster feels a little overwhelming. But that's foolish of me, it's got a bigger roster than World did on its launch and I'm coming off Generations Ultimate which had a ridiculous foster. They seemed to put a ton of effort in to everything new. There's not much fat on this game.

its exactly the same as every other monster hunter, with the same boring weapons and the same boring boss battles that show no boss health....yeah ill pass

its exactly the same as every other monster hunter, with the same boring weapons and the same boring boss battles that show no boss health....yeah ill pass
Then why would you even click the thread lmao dick

Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but I just can't imagine calling Monster Hunter boring.
<JerryWWF>

Show.. boss.. health? What do you think this is, a game?!

Then why would you even click the thread lmao dick
Ironically I'm pretty sure Ghost is the reason I got in to Monster Hunter. He showed me it around Tri and it sounded too good to be true. Saw the 3DS titles on sale a few years later and had to give them a chance.

Ironically I'm pretty sure Ghost is the reason I got in to Monster Hunter. He showed me it around Tri and it sounded too good to be true. Saw the 3DS titles on sale a few years later and had to give them a chance.
He seems to think pressing r1 and circle intermittently is more engrossing than actually having to learn a weapon <{katwhu}>

Anybody used Switch Axe at all and how does it feel?
I only used it in the demo but from what I hear from the reviews is it's great and as good as it's ever been. Supposed to flow really well.

Similarly I have MHW on PC and barely touched it. I was told they borrowed many mechanics from Dark Souls, as one of my fav Souls-streamers loves that game best (Fighting Cowboy). You can't sprint and attack. That's my fav thing to do in Dark Souls, especially against giant bosses, so I stopped playing pretty quickly lol.

if you ever get into it deeply, let me know your thoughts, you've yet to steer me wrong. You're the reason I went back to DS1 and found all the lore videos. You ruined me haha

Wait you're saying Monster Hunster borrowed from Dark Souls? You sure you don't have that the other way around?

I started the game, took forever creating my character, then spent my time on the first few missions before realizing I wasn't satisfied at all with the appearance of myself or my palico. So I restarted the game and I think I nailed it on the second try.

I cleared the second star village and am about to fight my first true new monster. I'm loving it so far. Movement is so fast and smooth, and auto combining with quick gathering makes for some amazing QoL. My Kinsect feels like it hits extra hard now, stumbling monsters, stealing kills, and giving a nice bit of haptic feedback when it hits.

It's so nice having dogs in the game now. I was able to do a pretty good job of my old mutt Willy and blue heeler named Skunk. I miss them a lot and it's oddly moving to have them in that form. Skunk fought off a pitbull once and Willy was obsessed with chasing cars, he got ran over more than once and still couldn't help himself.

Back