Mohler Jiu-Jitsu & Kickboxing

cazzo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am still looking for a good bjj school that fits with my variable schedule. Does anyone have any information or personal experience with Allen Mohler, and his school in Irving, Texas? I am still looking at Star Jiujitsu (partially because of the wrestling emphasis), but the schedule will be very difficult for me.

Thank you

are you close to mohlers?
ndbjj has a lot of classes, and so does carlos machado.
i have been to mohlers a couple times, i am not sure about his schedule though.
all the schools in the metro plex are good schools, hopefully one fits your schedule well,
and chris brennan is opening a place up in providence off of 380

The schedule on my fridge:

Monday
11:00 - 12:30 Takedowns Class
7:00 - 8:30 BJJ

Tuesday
11:00 - 12:30 MMA
12:30 - 2:00 Boxing and Thai Boxing
6:30 - 7:30 Boxing/Thai Boxing (Beginners)
8:00 - 9:30 MMA

Wednesday
11:00 - 12:30 BJJ

Thursday
12:30 - 2:00 Boxing and Thai Boxing
6:30 - 7:30 Boxing/Thai Boxing (Beginners)
8:00 - 9:30 MMA

Friday
11:00 - 12:30 BJJ

Saturday
10:30 - 11:30 Boxing/Thai Boxing (Beginners)
1:00 - 2:30 BJJ

Sunday
1:00 - 2:30 BJJ

I've always found Coach Mohler to be extremely friendly and professional. One night before MMA class he was already showered and in street clothes but I asked him about a technique for passing side guard, he jumped right on the mat and spent about 20 minutes working with me. I did a few classes at a bunch of different schools but Mohler's just fit my schedule and location the best. I have absolutely no complaints. All the instructors and higher ranked belts are extremely approachable and seem to do it for the love of the sport. I think most of the schools here in Dallas are great places to train though.

Thanks. I trained at Carlos' school for a very short while. I got into a bad car wreck and intended to go back after I was better. I recieved a letter in the mail saying that classes were going up to 175 a month..... I am not done looking, but the only thing that bothers me about NDBJJ, is belt testing fees...

i hate belt testing fees and i am very much against them , but, you dont have to test, you can stay the same belt for ever, like me....

Back