Mods posting on threads before sending them to the wasteland

SuperCubsFan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hi, I am a regular poster on sherdog and rarely break the rules. I have been bothered by the mods decisions to wasteland a few of my threads and to completly delete another. I started a thread in an attempt to find closure as to the ending of the Eastman Lutter fight. At no time did I claim that it was certainly a work. I simply questioned the possibility and welcomed the response of posters. If a mod does send a thread like this to the wasteland can he at the very least make a post as to why before sending it, or even send a pm, because I do not understand what rule the thread violated. My greater concern comes from my deleted thread, after Baroni lost to Minowa I made a thread supporting Phil after the foums began to bash him left and right. I then went to bed and when i woke up it was deleted. Was it deleted by a Baroni hating mod? Did the mod somehow feel I was breaking some rule by supporting a fighter who is bashed on a regular basis? I just ask for some type of explanation for a thread being deleted/wasteland and it does not break any rule stated on the forum FAQ. I understand this site has a reputation to keep and am aware mods sometimes may need to act for other reasons.

Considering that you cannot prove whether a work has happened unless both parties admit it was as such, you are merely speculating on the integrity of the fighters to the sport of MMA (which can be construed as libelous fighter bashing since you are making unprovable statements that harms the image of the fighters if people believe it). As such, work threads are a Wastelandable topic.

As for the other thread, I believe it was removed because it was basically flame baiting (you told others to 'FUCK OFF' regarding bad mouthing Phil Baroni in the OP which led to lots of flaming back at you and him) and was getting out of control.

Hope this helps.

ThirdPartyView said:
Considering that you cannot prove whether a work has happened unless both parties admit it was as such, you are merely speculating on the integrity of the fighters to the sport of MMA (which can be construed as libelous fighter bashing since you are making unprovable statements that harms the image of the fighters if people believe it). As such, work threads are a Wastelandable topic.

As for the other thread, I believe it was removed because it was basically flame baiting (you told others to 'FUCK OFF' regarding bad mouthing Phil Baroni in the OP which led to lots of flaming back at you and him) and was getting out of control.

Hope this helps.

yeah, thanks alot

Back