• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mobile GOTY 2022 (phone/tablet games)

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I can't stand GOTY awards that release before the end of the year, but it is what it is. Both Apple and Google have released their official winners. I will later edit to add in the winners from other major competitions like the DICE, Game Developer's Choice Awards, etc. But this year's big winner is clear...
apex-mobile-announce-art-3840x2160.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.575p.jpg

Apple AppStore iPhone/iPad Games of the Year 2022
iPhone Game of the Year: Apex Legends Mobile
iPad Game of the Year: Moncage
Apple TV Game of the Year: El Hijo
Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Wylde Flowers
China Game of the Year: League of Legends Esports Manager

Google Play Android Games of the Year 2022

Game of the Year: Apex Legends Mobile
User's Choice Game of the Year: Apex Legends Mobile

Best Multiplayer: Dislyte
Best Pick Up & Play: Angry Birds Journey
Best Indies: Dicey Dungeons
Best Story: Papers, Please
Best Ongoing: Genshin Impact
Best on Play Pass: Very Little Nightmares
Best for Tablets: Tower of Fantasy
Best Game for Chromebooks: Roblox

Last edited:
Okay I'm going to just admit it. I downloaded Nikke and it's actually a fun strategy game. Also those girls... wow

Why are there different winners for iPad GOTY and iPhone GOTY? I’m a bit confused, I thought games just work for iOS regardless of it being a phone or a tablet??

Why are there different winners for iPad GOTY and iPhone GOTY? I’m a bit confused, I thought games just work for iOS regardless of it being a phone or a tablet??
They do.

Biggest difference in terms of game design probably has to do with aspect ratio. The latest iPad has an AR of 1.44 (36:25). The latest iPhone has an AR of 2.17 (~39:18).

Just downloaded Fantasy Tactics ... obviously an FFT clone but it's under rated

I play Raid Shadow Legends and I thought it was the biggest mobile game. It makes billions. I know there are whales that have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on their account.

Raid is a cool game though. There are so many champions. The designs look cool too. They just made Ronda Rousey into a champion.

This is my team I'm working on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-155401_Raid.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-155401_Raid.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 12
I play Raid Shadow Legends and I thought it was the biggest mobile game. It makes billions. I know there are whales that have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on their account.

Raid is a cool game though. There are so many champions. The designs look cool too. They just made Ronda Rousey into a champion.

This is my team I'm working on.
FFS, eewww. Imagine if Star Wars: Battlefront II as it existed in its original state was the most popular PC/Console game in existence. That's what you're telling me with this.

This is why those of us in this subforum hold phone gaming in contempt. What a third world shithole of gaming.

FFS, eewww. Imagine if Star Wars II: Battlefront as it existed in its original state was the most popular PC/Console game in existence. That's what you're telling me with this.

This is why those of us in this subforum hold phone gaming in contempt. What a third world shithole of gaming.
I played Final Fantasy Brave Exvius in 2016 and was having a bit of fun but that was the game that helped me realize what most mobile gaming really is, because my brother started telling me about a Jurassic Park mg. As I listened I heard a lot of the same kinds of mechanisms.

I will say Nikke goes beyond most of the tropes-- it is in fact a tactical strategy game, and picking the right team and then taking down squadrons in the right order and fashion is fun. But it also has the gatcha thing, the whole "log in every day and grab these resources you need thing", and of course the main appeal is anime ass

FFS, eewww. Imagine if Star Wars II: Battlefront as it existed in its original state was the most popular PC/Console game in existence. That's what you're telling me with this.

I don’t know anything about Raid Shadow Legends other than they have seemingly sponsored my favourite YouTube channels at one point or another, and for those that they haven’t they’ll joke about them.

Last edited:
Pocket Gamer Awards 2022
maxresdefault.jpg

Mobile GOTY: Warhammer 40,000: Tactitus
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snowprintstudios.tacticus&hl=en_US&gl=PH
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-40-000-tacticus/id1599937506

Best Action Game: Apex Legends Mobile
Best Family Game: Skip-Bo Mobile
Best Multiplayer Game: Stumble Guys
Best Platform Game: Stumble Guys
Best Sports Game: Rocket League Sideswipe
Best Storytelling Game: Spiritfarer
Best Strategy Game: Warhammer 40,000: Tactitus

Best Mobile Port: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
Best Game We're Still Playing: Knighthood
Best Pick Up & Play Game: Skip-Bo Mobile

Best Apple Arcade Game: Subway Surfers Tag
Best Netflix Game: Into the Dead 2
Best Roblox Game: Adopt Me

Best Roblox Company: BIG Games
Best Mobile Developer: Devsisters Corp
Best Mobile Publisher: Netflix

Best Community Tool: Discord
Best Community: Cookie Run Kingdom

Last edited:
I will say Nikke goes beyond most of the tropes-- it is in fact a tactical strategy game, and picking the right team and then taking down squadrons in the right order and fashion is fun. But it also has the gatcha thing, the whole "log in every day and grab these resources you need thing", and of course the main appeal is anime ass
I've been getting so many ads for Nikke lately on other games, is it pretty legit and playable as F2P or just another whalefest?

I don't mind dumping $25 on an event once after playing a gacha game for like 2 years especially if the devs are fairly cool and generous like for Guardian Tales, but I'm surely not spending anything off the bat.

I've been getting so many ads for Nikke lately on other games, is it pretty legit and playable as F2P or just another whalefest?

I don't mind dumping $25 on an event once after playing a gacha game for like 2 years especially if the devs are fairly cool and generous like for Guardian Tales, but I'm surely not spending anything off the bat.
Sorry I've been in TN this whole time and I've only got my phone.
The short of it--- it's fun, probably better if you play it on PC. There are control issues with touch screen mechanics in my opinion. The story is cringe even for anime but the art, sound and music are all top notch. Of course the girls are gorgeous-- mesmerizing

played a shit ton of SNAP so thats gotta be my personal GOTY

Back