• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MNN (Trailer for Shark Thriller 47 Meters Down; Joe Johnston to Direct Narnia: The Silver Chair)

Ben Mendelsohn to Play Sheriff of Nottingham in ROBIN HOOD: ORIGINS

Ben-Mendelsohn-Sheriff-Robin-Hood-Dragonlord.jpg

Lionsgate's Robin Hood: Origins has found its Sheriff of Nottingham.

Ben Mendelsohn, who will be seen in the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story as Imperial officer Orson Krennic, is in final negotiations to play the villain in the feature that stars Kingsman actor Taron Egerton as the English outlaw.

Jamie Foxx is set to star as Little John, while Eve Hewson (The Knick) will play Maid Marion.

Otto Bathurst is directing from a script by Joby Harold. Leonardo DiCaprio will produce through his Appian Way shingle, with Jennifer Davisson Killoran, Basil Iwanyk, Tory Tunnell, and Joby Harold also producing.

Mendelsohn won an Emmy for his role on Netflix's crime drama Bloodline and is set to star opposite Gary Oldman in the Winston Churchill movie The Darkest Hour.

'Rogue One's Ben Mendelsohn to Play Sheriff of Nottingham in ‘Robin Hood: Origins’ @Anung Un Rama
<1><21>

First Trailer for Christopher Nolan's World War II Drama DUNKIRK

Dunkirk opens as hundreds of thousands of British and Allied troops are surrounded by enemy forces. Trapped on the beach with their backs to the sea they face an impossible situation as the enemy closes in. Directed by Christopher Nolan, the film stars Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh, Mark Rylance, Cillian Murphy, Aneurin Barnard, James D’Arcy and Harry Styles. Dunkirk opens July 21, 2017.

First Official Trailer for DESPICABLE ME 3

The team who brought you Despicable Me and the biggest animated hits of 2013 and 2015, Despicable Me 2 and Minions, returns to continue the adventures of Gru, Lucy, their adorable daughters—Margo, Edith and Agnes—and the Minions. Despicable Me 3 will be released in theaters on June 30, 2017.

American Honey available to download!

Probably an average film but it looks intriguing.

THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS Shatters Worldwide Record For Most Viewed Trailer

Fate-of-the-Furious-Banner-121316-Dragonlord.jpg

Talk about dropping a trailer into fifth gear. Universal’s Sunday launch of The Fate of the Furious trailer became the largest debut ever, setting a global record with 139M views in its first 24 hours and zooming past the 127.6M first-day views recently posted by Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.

A perfect storm of events fueled the trailer drop for the eighth Fast & Furious title and drove it to great heights.

First, Uni debuted the trailer in a historic Times Square takeover with the franchise’s castmembers Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Michelle Rodriguez, Nathalie Emmanuel and director F. Gary Gray participating. The Fate of the Furious trailer took over 33 digital billboards in the Manhattan landmark, all of which simultaneously played the spot with its debut on TV and online. The Big Kahuna billboard, which is the largest digital screen in the US at 30K square feet, was among the screens playing the trailer.

The Facebook livestream, which preceded the trailer drop and the broadcast premiere on NBC, drew 4M-plus views to date.

Uni also aired the broadcast trailer during NBC’s Football Night in America pre-show that immediately preceded the New York Giants-Dallas Cowboys Sunday Night Football game. Not a bad place to be: That sporting event turned out to be the most-watched primetime NFL game of the season with 26.7M viewers.

Currently, via YouTube and Facebook, The Fate of the Furious trailer counts north of 38.8M views in North America and 49.5M-plus abroad. Third-party sources accounted for 18.5M views, with talent social accounting for 32M views. Between Diesel and Johnson, the duo count 270M-plus followers across their social channels (FB, Twitter, Instagram).

‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Shatters Worldwide Record For Most Viewed Trailer

Titles for PACIFIC RIM 2 and GODZILLA 2 Revealed

Pacific-Rim-Gipsy-Danger-Collider-Dragonlord.jpg

The sequel to Guillermo del Toro's cult favorite mecha vs. monster movie, Pacific Rim, has received a new title.

The sequel was previously announced a Pacific Rim: Maelstrom. Now the sequel has been renamed to Pacific Rim: Uprising.

The title change was revealed in a press release concerning the hiring of new producers at Legendary Pictures.

The sequel is being produced by del Toro for Legendary Pictures and directed by Marvel's Daredevil Season 1 showrunner Stephen S. DeKnight.

Pacific Rim: Uprising is scheduled for a Feb. 23, 2018, release.

Godzilla: King of Monsters will be the name of the sequel to Gareth Edwards’ 2014 hit, which will be helmed by Michael Dougherty (Krampus) and is currently scheduled for release on March 22, 2019.

Pacific Rim: Maelstrom Renamed to Pacific Rim: Uprising

Michael Fassbender Playing Another Android Named Walter in ALIEN: COVENANT

Michael-Fassbender-Alien-Covenant-121316-Dragonlord.jpg

One of the most anticipated franchise movies of next year is 20th Century Fox and Ridley Scott’s prequel-sequel Alien: Covenant, and during an exclusive chat with star Michael Fassbender for Assassin's Creed today, ComingSoon asked him how his new android role Walter differs from the nefarious antics of Prometheus‘s David, who also shows up for the new film.

“I think Walter’s a real different kettle of fish,” Fassbender told us. “David was definitely a work-in-progress, somewhat of a prototype I suppose. The elements of him that were the human elements I think people found a little disturbing, so Walter’s more of a straightforward robot. Pretty logical, much more of a servant without the ego.”

It sounds like Walter has more in common with a helpful robot like Bishop from Aliens as opposed to Ian Holm’s “twitchy” one in Scott’s original Alien. The logical aspect might also give him a kind of Spock-like demeanor, but we’ll have to wait and see if some other fundamental flaw will show itself in Walter.

Exclusive: Michael Fassbender Talks His New Alien: Covenant Robot Walter

DL, just wanted to say, thanks for making these awesome MNN and other cinema related threads.

Ewan McGregor Takes You Behind the Scenes of T2 TRAINSPOTTING

looking Forward to Despicable Me 3 and Dunkirk. Hasn't been a great WW2 epic released in almost 2 decades. I feel the people are almost afraid to make them because everything will be compared to Saving Private Ryan.

First Red-Band Trailer for SNATCHED Starring Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn

When her boyfriend dumps Emily (Amy Schumer), a spontaneous woman in her 30s, she persuades her ultra-cautious mom (Goldie Hawn) to accompany her on a vacation to Ecuador. At Emily's insistence, the pair seek out adventure, but suddenly find themselves kidnapped. When these two very different women are trapped on this wild journey, their bond as mother and daughter is tested and strengthened while they attempt to navigate the jungle and escape. Snatched opens May 12, 2017.

I haven''t seen a movie in about a year. Can someone recommend anything off of Hbo Go and Netflix?

I haven''t seen a movie in about a year. Can someone recommend anything off of Hbo Go and Netflix?
If you mean 2016 movies, here are some suggestions depending on the genre you prefer (some of them I haven't seen yet but has gotten good reviews):

Horror - The Witch, Lights Out

Superhero - Deadpool, Captain America: Civil War

Animation - Zootopia, Finding Dory

Comedy - Eddie the Eagle, The Nice Guys

Thriller - 10 Cloverfield Lane, Green Room, Don't Breathe, The Shallows, Hell or High Water

Drama - Sully

I would recommend Hacksaw Ridge and Arrival but both are not released yet on home video.

Roland Emmerich in Talks to Direct Sci-Fi Thriller DARK MATTER

Roland-Emmerich-Director-062516-Dragonlord.jpg

Roland Emmerich is in early talks with Sony Pictures to direct an adaptation of the Blake Crouch bestseller Dark Matter. Matt Tolmach is producing the large-canvas project.

The story centers on a college physics professor in Chicago with a warm family life. The teacher is knocked out by a masked abductor and wakes up in a world he doesn’t know in which his wife is not his wife, his son was never born, and he’s a celebrated genius who has achieved something remarkable and impossible — his theory has become a fully-realized technology for inter-dimensional transfer.

Crouch, also the author of the Wayward Pines trilogy, has another hot property in Dark Matter, which was published to critical acclaim by Crown in July. The sci-fi thriller is about choices, paths not taken and how far we’ll go to claim the lives we dream of.

Sony and Tolmach have been high on Dark Matter since 2014, when it made a pre-emptive $1.25 million deal for the book based on Crouch’s 150-page partial manuscript. At the time, publishing rights for North America sold to Crown for more than $1 million.

Roland Emmerich in Talks to Direct Sony’s Blake Crouch Novel ‘Dark Matter’ (Exclusive)

Sebastian Stan Joins Margot Robbie in Tonya Harding Biopic I, TONYA

Sebastian-Stan-080916-Dragonlord.jpg

Sebastian Stan is set to join Margot Robbie in the real-life drama I, Tonya, THR has confirmed. Stan will play Jeff Gillooly in the biopic from director Craig Gillespie that centers on infamous figure skater Tonya Harding and the sporting scandal that rocked the ice skating world at the 1994 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.

Gillooly was the husband of Harding (Robbie), who, along with Harding's bodyguard, hired a man to break the leg of Harding's main competitor, Nancy Kerrigan. Both Kerrigan and Harding made the Olympic team and made it to the Olympics, but Harding’s career was finished. She later became a minor celebrity replete with a sex tape, a wrestling and boxing career and multiple marriages.

The mustachioed Gillooly testified against Harding but did serve time in prison for the attack. He also changed his name to Jeff Stone and suffered several failed marriages.

For his next big-screen role, Stan is starring in the gothic thriller We Have Always Lived in the Castle. He also is set to reprise his role of Marvel's Bucky Barnes in Avengers: Infinity War.

Sebastian Stan Joining Margot Robbie in Tonya Harding Biopic 'I, Tonya'

Samuel L. Jackson Has Started Recording Session for THE INCREDIBLES 2

New International Trailer for GHOST IN THE SHELL

ROGUE ONE Earns $155 Million Domestically and $290 Million Globally

Rogue-One-Star-Wars-Story-121816-Dragonlord.jpg

For the second time in two years, Star Wars has conquered the box office. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story earned $155 million in its opening weekend. That breaks into the top 15 opening weekends in box office history.

This still pales in comparison to Star Wars: The Force Awakens's record-breaking box office take last year, but it is the third-best opening weekend box office of 2016. Only Captain America: Civil War ($179 million) and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($166 million) did better in their first three days.

Rogue One opened globally this weekend to an impressive $290.5 million, opening at #1 in all markets across the globe.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Wins Opening Weekend Box Office with $155 Million

Hollywood Legend Zsa Zsa Gabor Passes Away at 99

Back