MNN (First Trailer for THE BOXTROLLS and RIDE ALONG Starring Kevin Hart, Ice Cube)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
MOVIE NEWS AND NOTES Vol. 27

TOP STORIES OF THE WEEK (May 20-26) [link]
- BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR wins Palme d

Last edited:
First Trailer for PRINCE AVALANCHE Starring Paul Rudd, Emile Hirsch

ngsuom.jpg

Magnolia Pictures has released the first teaser trailer and poster for director David Gordon Green’s (Pineapple Express) upcoming dramedy Prince Avalanche. The film stars Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch and follows two workers as they spend their summer repainting traffic lines in the middle of a country highway. This trailer does a nice job of showcasing the chemistry between Rudd and Hirsch while playing up the pic’s funnier moments, but there are plenty of nice dramatic beats to be found in the full feature as well.

There are literally only four characters that appear onscreen in the entire movie, with Rudd and Hirsch sharing the lion’s share of the pic’s screentime alone. It’s really the perfect blend of Green’s indie and commercial comedy sensibilities, as the film’s scenes alternate between hilarity and heartbreak. Prince Avalanche will be available in theaters and on VOD August 9th.

First Trailer for PRINCE AVALANCHE Starring Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch

Last edited:
2nd Action-Packed Trailer for RED Starring Bruce Willis

Red-2-0121b-Dragonlord.jpg

Summit Entertainment has released a new trailer for director Dean Parisot’s (Galaxy Quest) action-comedy sequel Red 2. The spy follow-up pits ex-CIA operative Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) against Victoria (Helen Mirren) when MI6 greenlights his assassination as Interpol’s “Most Wanted.” This trailer introduces us to the film’s new characters, as Anthony Hopkins plays a living MacGuffin (similar to John Hurt‘s character in Crystal Skull) and Catherine Zeta-Jones plays an old flame of Willis’ character who joins the group to combat a common enemy.

Byung Hun Lee appears to bring some freshness to the film’s action sequences, and the humorous tone is spot-on thanks to the sensibilities of Parisot. All in all, Red 2 looks to be quite the fun ride. The film also stars Mary-Louise Parker and John Malkovich. Red 2 opens on July 19th.

2nd Action-Packed Trailer for RED Starring Bruce Willis and John Malkovich

Last edited:
Watch Studio Ghibli's Live-Action Short Film GIANT GOD WARRIOR APPEARS IN TOKYO; New Images from Miyazaki

I would watch a Giant God Warrior feature film. Looked awesome.Gets me in the mood for Pacific Rim.

Ron Perlman Demands Guillermo Del Toro Make Another HELLBOY

Hellboy-Dragonlord.jpg

Although extremely early plans for a third Hellboy film were teased last summer, nothing definitive has, as of yet, materialized. The first Hellboy, released in 2004, grossed $99 million worldwide. Its followup, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, followed in 2008 and turned in $160 million. Today, in conversation with IGN, leading man Ron Perlman reaffirms his belief that a new adventure should hit the big screen sooner rather than later.

"[Del Toro and I] both walked away from 'Hellboy 2' agreeing that there would never be another one. But, with the passage of time, it became clear to me that he really always designed it as a trilogy. [Guillermo] has a very well-articulated idea of what the resolve would look like and it's amazingly theatrical and is epic in scope and would make for amazing cinema, with or without the first two movies."

"I said [to Guillermo], 'You owe it to the world to finish this trilogy. I've been giving him Jewish guilt."

Ron Perlman Demands Guillermo Del Toro Make Another Hellboy Film

Michael Bay Updates on NINJA TURTLES and TRANSFORMERS 4

MICHAEL-BAY-PREPARE-PAIN.jpg

His latest, Pain & Gain, in theaters now, Michael Bay spoke today with Moviefone, updating on two highly anticipated upcoming franchise entries, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers 4, slated for a June 6, 2014 and June 27, 2014 release respectively. Bay addresses the "alien origin" controversy for the Turtles and reveals redesigning the robots for Transformers 4:

"There was that quote saying that we

I think I will make Michael Bay bashing a bannable offense.

Ron Perlman Demands Guillermo Del Toro Make Another HELLBOY

Hellboy-Dragonlord.jpg

Although extremely early plans for a third Hellboy film were teased last summer, nothing definitive has, as of yet, materialized. The first Hellboy, released in 2004, grossed $99 million worldwide. Its followup, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, followed in 2008 and turned in $160 million. Today, in conversation with IGN, leading man Ron Perlman reaffirms his belief that a new adventure should hit the big screen sooner rather than later.

"[Del Toro and I] both walked away from 'Hellboy 2' agreeing that there would never be another one. But, with the passage of time, it became clear to me that he really always designed it as a trilogy. [Guillermo] has a very well-articulated idea of what the resolve would look like and it's amazingly theatrical and is epic in scope and would make for amazing cinema, with or without the first two movies."

"I said [to Guillermo], 'You owe it to the world to finish this trilogy. I've been giving him Jewish guilt."

Ron Perlman Demands Guillermo Del Toro Make Another Hellboy Film

Please god. Ppppllleeaaasssee

I am more then ok with Perlman doing another Hellboy. I heard an interview with him and he said he really enjoyed doing the character. The first movie is so under appreciated I find. I think it is definitely up there as far as comic adapted movies go.

R.I.P. J Storm.

Just found out he was recently banned. Really sad about this. He was one of my few pals back in the day as well as one of the first posters in the original MNN thread.

Colin Firth to Star in Matthew Vaughn's THE SECRET SERVICE

Colin-Firth-Secret-Service-Dragonlord.jpg

Colin Firth is doing his first comic book movie. The actor, who won an Oscar for his performance in 2010’s The King Speech, is in talks to star in The Secret Service, Matthew Vaughn’s adaptation of a comic he co-created with Mark Millar and artist Dave Gibbons. Vaughn co-wrote the screenplay with frequent collaborator Jane Goldman and is directing, producing and financing via his MARV Films banner, in the same fashion as he adapted Millar’s comic Kick-Ass.

Service, a six-issue mini-series, tells of a ruffian from the rough neighborhoods of London who gets recruited by his uncle into a British spy school of the sort that churns out suave, sophisticated gentlemen-agent types in the 007 mold. Firth would play the uncle should a deal get made. Aaron Johnson was pursued for the lead but was unavailable.

The comic was made with Hollywood in mind. Not only was Vaughn a co-creator of the book, the comic also featured cameos from such real life personages as Mark Hamill and Ridley Scott (connected to the machinations of the villain). 20th Century Fox picked up the North American distribution rights in March and set a Nov. 14, 2014 release date.

Colin Firth Lands the Lead Role in Matthew Vaughn's THE SECRET SERVICE

3 New Clips from Nicolas Winding Refn's ONLY GOD FORGIVES

Only-God-Forgives-Extended-Clip-Dragonlord.jpg

Director Nicolas Winding Refn’s follow-up to his fantastic 2011 film Drive is set to make its debut at the Cannes Film Festival next month, but three whole clips from Only God Forgives have graciously made their way online a tad early. The film’s red-band trailer promised another intense and gorgeous collaboration between Refn and star Ryan Gosling, and these three clips don’t disappoint.

While fans are eager to see what the always-reliable Gosling has in store for us this time around, it’s Kristin Scott Thomas who is the highlight of these clips as she plays the mother of Gosling’s character, a woman who urges her son to seek violent revenge for the death of his brother in Thailand. Only God Forgives also stars Vithaya Pansringarm and will open in theaters on July 19th.

Synopsis: Julian (Gosling) lives in exile in Bangkok where he runs a Thai boxing club as a front for the family’s drugs smuggling operation. When Julian’s brother Billy is killed their mother, Jenna (Kristin Scott Thomas), arrives in the city. She wants revenge and forces Julian to find the killer. Julian’s contacts in the criminal underworld lead him directly to The Angel of Vengeance, a retired police officer who knows everything and who is both Judge and Punisher. Jenna demands that Julian kill The Angel of Vengeance, an act that will cost him dearly.

3 New Clips Nicolas Winding Refn's from ONLY GOD FORGIVES

FAST & FURIOUS 6 Final Trailer Features Massive Amount of Action

Fast-Furious-6-Gal-Gadot-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal Pictures has released a final trailer for Fast Five director Justin Lin’s sequel Fast & Furious 6, and it’s chock-full of summer blockbuster goodness. This trailer does a great job of showing off the film’s ginormous scale, as we get some extended looks at Lin’s many action sequences. Car chases through the streets of Europe, brutal fistfights in which The Rock pulls some legit wrestling moves, and a car chase/fight sequence involving a tank are all things we can look forward to with Fast & Furious 6.

Producer Neal Moritz recently revealed that the film features two or three of “the best action sequences you will ever see” and noted that Fast 6 is the best film of the series yet. The film stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludacris, Tyrese Gibson, Joe Taslim, Sung Kang, Gina Carano, and Luke Evans. Fast & Furious 6 opens on May 24th.

Final Trailer for FAST & FURIOUS 6 Teases the Film’s Massive Amount of Action

Well if this is as good as Gosling and Refn's last collaboration then is should be solid.

Would love to see a Hellboy III. lol at "giving him the Jewish guilt".

I thought one of the holdups was with the comic/graphic novel writer??

Isn't Hellboy supposed to die in the original story line??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back