MMA with Judo Gi ?

EE6_TBOIO_MATb

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey people,

I'm thinking of taking part in some kind of MMA-lite competition league in Germany.

The rules I find are pretty comparable to these of combat sambo, except that head contact is supposed to be controlled.

The thing is that the gi is mandatory. Now I don't know about u, but I find this rule a bit retarded, as throwing high kicks with judo gi pants is pretty awkward in my experience.

What do u recommend as a gi brand whose pants wouldn't be to annoying for kicking ?

I also thought of simply getting some TKD pants and hoping it will be accepted. :rolleyes:

Hey people,

I'm thinking of taking part in some kind of MMA-lite competition league in Germany.

The rules I find are pretty comparable to these of combat sambo, except that head contact is supposed to be controlled.

The thing is that the gi is mandatory. Now I don't know about u, but I find this rule a bit retarded, as throwing high kicks with judo gi pants is pretty awkward in my experience.

What do u recommend as a gi brand whose pants wouldn't be to annoying for kicking ?

I also thought of simply getting some TKD pants and hoping it will be accepted. :rolleyes:

How tight/loose are your pants? I have never had problems with either judogi pants They can be a little heavy, but use them a little to get used to them. I think TKD pants are just the same as karate pants, which are just lighter judo pants. Should be legal IMHO.

Back