MMA Training Gloves

Sidearm21

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys. Beginner question... Me and a few friends are starting to spar a little bit. I am looking for a lower priced training glove. Hopefully enough padding to make sure we can throw shots, but flexible enough for wrestling and ju jitsu. Any advice from the hundreds of people who know better than me would be greatly appreciated. Hope someone can help. Thanks guys!!!

The newer design MMA safety Sparring glove from MMA Gear | MMA Gloves | MMA Equipment | MMA Shirts is a good choice.
Just got a pair for a student.
They are very narrow and concentrate the padding right on the knuckles.
I have their old design and am thinking about getting the new ones for myself.

RingtoCage also has a nice narrow glove but it was too small for me.
Going to check out some new gloves they just made.

Are you guys sparring in the backyard/garage?

No, we are both graduate students at the University of Illinois. The school has a "combat room" with bags and a large area of mats. We are just getting into it, and aren't going to be trying to take each others heads off. But, we do want to make sure we have protection, you know.

You might want to consider the Primetime 8oz MMA gloves.

Totiro-USA PrimeTime 8oz Training MMA Gloves

I train with use the 6oz version which is pretty versatile.

However, if you guys are going to hit each other you you might want to consider some boxing gloves. Its been discussed many times here on Sherdog that no MMA glove is going to give you the protection you need for sparring.

No, we are both graduate students at the University of Illinois. The school has a "combat room" with bags and a large area of mats. We are just getting into it, and aren't going to be trying to take each others heads off. But, we do want to make sure we have protection, you know.

You can likely find reasonable "MMA Safety" or "MMA Sparring" gloves at most retailers in around the $39.99 to $69.99 range. Visit your favourite online retailer and search for those keywords through their search functions.

If you are on a limited budget, we currently have MMA Safety training gloves starting at around $9 a pair.

Hope this helps
Take care
Chris
MMAGearPimp.com

combat sports international has some good deals right now like these
tg4s_detail.jpg

for $14.95, that's pretty good for mma

but if you wanna get real serious....then you need train UFC, not mma
so get these instead

!Bee1yrQBmk~$(KGrHqEOKi8Er)VJ4-,FBK9dZ,ou9w~~_3.JPG

Have you tried these out? Are they any good?

i haven't used them, but my coach has a pair and they work great in sparring.....
i went and ordered these fairtex ones instead, still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. but i've heard from other people that those fairtex ones are pretty good in quality, fit, and great for sparring...total cost me 34 bucks

tg20_detail.jpg

Shooto style gloves/safety gloves.I have Fairtex and KO Fightgear and love them.Cageside also do them,as do Combat Sports(CSI)

edit:yup,got those ones ^ nice enough.

Last edited:
Back