MMA school fees

dethbed

White Belt
Reaction score
I just checked out an MMA school by me (northern NJ) and they charge $115 per month for 2 classes a week in your choice of BBJ, boxing, or muay thai, plus a $100 registration fee up-front, and about $150 in required equipment purchases.

Does anyone else think this is unreasonably expensive? I've read a lot of posts and done some research and it seems like any fee in the U.S. that is over $100 per month is for unlimited training.

I really only want to take 1 (maybe 2) classes a week while I'm still a beginner -- I'd think the monthly fee would be $60-70 at most.

choose a different place. thats way too much for only twice a week. At my school (in VA) the current price is $150 for unlimited BJJ, MT, FMA, JKD. you can go depending on level from 2-5 nights a week.

Im paying 125 a month for unlimited BJJ, Vale Tudo and MT. Its also Fabio Santos's school(fifth degree under Rickson). Dont join dude..keep looking!

here we fucking go again...north jerz is expensive...I live in hoboken and shit is outta control here. I pay more than that to train at Renzo's. Shit costs alot around here...

Fawk that's alot of money! This is what I do, get sponsered. I have a gym (not a camp, just a regular old gym with weights and a bag) that sponsers me. I pay no fees, and get unlimited access, they, in return, get me to wear the gym's logo on my clothes during weigh-ins and tournaments and during news-paper interviews.
Now, seeing as I have one sponser already locked up, other businesses are open to sponsering me too, some have nothing to do with fighting even, I got sponsered by a pawn shop once! I use the money these sponsers give me to pay for my training.
Maybe you can work out something like this for yourself. But what I feel, is that dependant on how much you earn, you may or may not be able to afford a school in your area. Paying more than 10% of my wages to train is out of the question for me, so I hustle a bit and get sponsers.

I pay $80/month unlimited for bjj/no gi/some striking. No sign up fee, no required equipment (I bought my own gi from atama online).

i pay a 150 for 3 months for i think we can do 6 days a week training. i dont know havent been healthy enough to try

That place is really expensive and that sucks. Go find another gym, hell, if you just found a boxing gym and worked your hands real good, go back and beat the BJJ coach into giving you discounted lessons :)

flyingknee16 said:
That place is really expensive and that sucks. Go find another gym, hell, if you just found a boxing gym and worked your hands real good, go back and beat the BJJ coach into giving you discounted lessons :)
haha thats a hell of an idea

The one thing about training in Sweden that is nice is that it is cheap. My gym charges about 13 bucs a month, and then there's 4 days a week, and free training during the day if you ask the trainer. Reason it's so cheap is that nobody makes a living from it, and the gov't in Sweden supports sports in a good way.

Back