Media MMA Pros Pick: Islam vs Dariush

Dargush.

Stephen-A-Smith-facepalm.jpg

Hopefully it's much closer of a fight than I think it will be.

You are correct. Makhachev has been knocked out before. It could easily happen again, especially considering that Dariush's ability to deliver highlight-reel KO's.

NaughtyMessyAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

BrownLazyGaur-size_restricted.gif

LegalMistyGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif

6e871ca33031f9a280729bae37508acba18d6784.gifv

FirsthandSparseAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

CostlyHeftyCobra-size_restricted.gif

AridSmugLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

Anything can happen but it's unlikely in this fight.

Dariush has power but is slow. Islam is a great counter-striker and probably beats Dariush just in the stand-up or catches him off-balance from throwing a strike and takes him down (like he did with Hooker)

Islam will take over this fight, he should already have a title shot. Sad to see dariush is the sacrifice because I like him as a fighter. But better not have any excuses for why Islam doesn't deserve shot after this.

Anything can happen but it's unlikely in this fight.

Dariush has power but is slow. Islam is a great counter-striker and probably beats Dariush just in the stand-up or catches him off-balance from throwing a strike and takes him down (like he did with Hooker)
Dariush is faster than Adriano Martins and we know it only takes one punch on the he chin to put Islam out

Fun fact, Dariush is the Persian form of Darius. As in Darius the Great, or Darius Rucker.

Reactions: mkt
Rooting hard for Benni, he's one of my personal favorites. I think his skill set gives him a legit shot...but Islam is for real, so it'll be a pretty decent upset if he wins

The only way I see this being competitive is if they end up striking the entire fight. A distinct possibility when you have two grapplers.

Otherwise this will probably go down like the Moises fight. Beneil has never been tested against a good wrestler capable of shutting down his BJJ. There's no way he's taking Islam down or controlling him. He couldn't even take down Rashid Magomedov who's a boxer by trade.

Back