MMA Junkie confuses Rustam Khabilov with Khabib Nurmagomedov

These guys. They are becoming sherdog darlings

In their defense, Benson also made the same mistake when he accepted the fight.

*One person working for MMAjunkie

MMAJunkie always make mistakes; I have the app on my phone and you're lucky if there isn't one every couple of articles.

Exciting fight Khabib the bear thrower vs Bendo the toothpick bearer.

The Eagle has landed and will be UFC LW champ soon enough.

I wonder if they have a quality assurance personnel that checks the whole story before they put it online

it was a refugee for old school weekly posters then TUF noobs took over. jeff called them a "blog" site numerous times. if you think shertards are insufferable wait til you start posting there.

I've seen other people say this is it just a joke?

No. Khabib was calling out a bunch of fighters and nobody would fight him. Then out of nowhere, Khabilov called out Bendo and Bendo said since no one will fight you, I will. He later admitted that he thought Khabib called him out.

What ? So you tellin' me they're not the same guy ?

I thought Khabib was the diminutive of Khabilov.

No. Khabib was calling out a bunch of fighters and nobody would fight him. Then out of nowhere, Khabilov called out Bendo and Bendo said since no one will fight you, I will. He later admitted that he thought Khabib called him out.

I thought it was Dos Anjos who signed on to fight Khabilov thinking it was Nurmagomedov and then due to some injury shuffling of fights the Khabilov fight never happened and he got the Nurmagomedov fight after all. Of course Bendo may have done the same thing.

I used to get those 2 confused as well. To this day I still confuse Thales Leites and Thiago Tavares, and Cole Miller and Evan Dunham for some reason.

K7x2vbp.gif

Back