MMA is the hardest sport to be a fan of.

WimpLo2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't think of any other sport where the fans have been let down so much. In no other sport is there such uncertainty of whether matches will or will not occur.

I was so happy and excited that finally we would have a true super fight. A champion in one division moving up to fight the champion in another.

But as the old saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I can't believe I was so naive. When I heard that Dos Anjos pulled out of UFC 196, it hit me like a ton of bricks. First I felt disbelief, then anger, then finally only an empty sadness. I'm numb now...but my eyes are still red and my face is swollen from the tears.

I can't think of any other sport where the fans have been let down so much. In no other sport is there such uncertainty of whether matches will or will not occur.

You 100% don't follow boxing.

I understand and respect your passion but I'm not sure it was something worth crying over. Definitely disappointed me though; I became quiet for a bit when I read the news.

The most disappointing part of being an MMA fan for me is how fucking idiotic and ruthless many MMA fans are.

Yep. And the most frustrating thing is that it always seems to be through stupid training habits.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you shouldn't have a sparring partner blocking your kicks with his knees a couple weeks away from the biggest fight and payday in your life.

You 100% don't follow boxing.
I think he means actual scheduled fights that end up getting scrapped for whatever reason. Boxing has the problem of fights never even getting scheduled, but once boxing matches get scheduled, they rarely get canceled due to injury or other circumstances. I can't think of a big boxing match that got cancelled due to an injury

I'm very sad too but you're overreacting TS. We still have plenty of fights to look after, and there will be a McGregor vs someone fight.

I'd say that boxing is the most difficult sport to be a fan of, due to the bad judges, alphabet soup belts, and the number of big fights that never materialize. That being said, I get what you're saying and I'd put MMA squarely at number 2. The number of fights that get scrapped due to injury is extremely frustrating. As a fan, you want to look at the upcoming schedule of fights and get hyped up. Anticipation is a huge part of sports fandom. But getting hyped up over an upcoming MMA fight often leads to a huge let down. No other sport poses this problem to this exent.

Ask people who wanted to see Tyson vs. Holyfield how many times they were let down.

Seriously? Injuries happen in all sports. Of course, when it's a team sport, teams will play against each other no matter what. But then often those teams might not be able to have their best players on the field.

How many times a team had their whole season ruined for because their starting QB was done for the year early on?

It's only hard because of the UFC. Due to the business practices and backstage politics

If only we had more fighters like Conor. Someone who will hype the fight and will never pull out of anything.

Dude is a true badass. Don't remember anyone like him. He could easily pull of but fought a different fighter and top wrestler in 2 weeks. And now the same thing is going to happen.

It's the most exciting in it's best moments, and the most disappointing in it's worst moments.

Back