MMA gloves size chart???

Mackavelli

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Im trying to figure out if medium sized gloves are going to fit before i order them, specifically fairtex mma sparring gloves. Does anyone have some chart i could look at?

not sure about fairtex i have Topking they are about same size..
so if you have big fingers and you use cloves over size 8(eu) you should thing about L size.. offcourse usually you can retern them if they dont fit.. to make sure you can order both sizes and keep pair that fits best..

Im actually afraid the mediums are going to be to big. They don't have size small.

Gorilla Fightgear uses
Code:
Size  	Knuckle Size
S 	7" - 7.5"
M 	7.5" - 8"
L 	8" - 8.5"
XL 	8.5" and UP

for their MMA gloves, and I used that chart to select the size of my Rival bag gloves.

Basically, take a measuring tape (I used a cloth/sewing tape) and measure the circumference of your knuckles with your hand open.

I would expect this would work for most MMA gloves.

Trying to find an MMA gloves hand size chart is about as difficult as trying to determine the hand pocket size of Boxing or MT gloves in a definitve manner. Even though they will all vary by manufacturer, Ouano's website is the only one that I have found that has one that may put you in the ballpark. The best thing to do is place you hand palm side down on a flat surface, and measure the circumference around the striking surface of the knuckles, and then call Fairtex and ask. They should be able to help you out. You can find their number at Fairtex.com. I hope this helps.

:icon_chee

if you are buying the Fairtex Shooto gloves I have those and can measure my hand up size wise as I take a medium in them?

if you are buying the Fairtex Shooto gloves I have those and can measure my hand up size wise as I take a medium in them?

I dont think their shooto. These are the ones I want to buy.

tg20.jpg

Gorilla Fightgear uses
Code:
Size  	Knuckle Size
S 	7" - 7.5"
M 	7.5" - 8"
L 	8" - 8.5"
XL 	8.5" and UP

for their MMA gloves, and I used that chart to select the size of my Rival bag gloves.

Basically, take a measuring tape (I used a cloth/sewing tape) and measure the circumference of your knuckles with your hand open.

I would expect this would work for most MMA gloves.

I guess I would be a small according to that chart.

Trying to find an MMA gloves hand size chart is about as difficult as trying to determine the hand pocket size of Boxing or MT gloves in a definitve manner. Even though they will all vary by manufacturer, Ouano's website is the only one that I have found that has one that may put you in the ballpark. The best thing to do is place you hand palm side down on a flat surface, and measure the circumference around the striking surface of the knuckles, and then call Fairtex and ask. They should be able to help you out. You can find their number at Fairtex.com. I hope this helps.

:icon_chee

Thanks, I emailed them, so ill have to see what they say. Im pretty disappointed they dont make the gloves in size small, or I would have just ordered them without hesitation.

the small size is for women..
medium is for a small handed man
large for normal size male hands or with bulky finger ones
and xl for huge handed ones

Those are shooto style gloves, the more open styled MMA gloves.

I have a medium hand and purchase a large, that way my wraps fit.

Thats actually a really good point, I didnt even think about that. I could just use my 180 in wraps if they are still loose. Thank man.

the small size is for women..
medium is for a small handed man
large for normal size male hands or with bulky finger ones
and xl for huge handed ones

I guess Ill go with the mediums.
0.jpg

That's not necessarily true. I have normal man hands-I'm 5'9- and mediums are just right.

Go large if you're normal.

Those are shooto style gloves, the more open styled MMA gloves.

I have a medium hand and purchase a large, that way my wraps fit.

And I don't wear wraps so a medium fits a normal hand for a 5 foot 8 inch guy

That's not necessarily true. I have normal man hands-I'm 5'9- and mediums are just right.

Go large if you're normal.

o im sorry i forgot to mention wraps in my "sizing guide"

im 5'9 myself also and i have probably normal size hands also. for technique training i use medium but for sparring training with wraps i need large sized cloves

Back