MMA Fighter's Real Names

JJ Aldrich is unexpectedly her actual real given name.

not MMA but the weirdest name change story is Neil Diamond

Neil Diamond is his REAL name and he almost changed it to Noah Kaminski

In any sane universe, his real name is Noah Kaminski and he changes it to the obvious fake name Neil Diamond

not MMA but the weirdest name change story is Neil Diamond

Neil Diamond is his REAL name and he almost changed it to Noah Kaminski

In any sane universe, his real name is Noah Kaminski and he changes it to the obvious fake name Neil Diamond
I always assumed Neil Diamond was a totally fake name. Good move by him, though. If he'd have changed it, he may never have made it out of the Holiday Inn lounge circuit.

Back in her high school and college wresting days Esparza was known as Carla O'Connor.

TJ definitely looks like a Tyler.

Magny doesn't look like an "Aoutneil"

JJ Aldrich is unexpectedly her actual real given name.
That's crazy, just naming your kid two letters. I'd be more frustrated and annoyed at the fact it doesn't stand for anything.

You just share your name with this thing

jayjay.jpg

Jacob Tito Ortiz
Frank Suarez Shamrock
Ken Wayne Shamrock (on the Japanese boxes for Pancrase tapes back in the day his name was just "Wayne Shamrock")

If folk are truly interested in real/full names, the Nevada State Athletic Commission website is a good source, their fight reports detail the fighter's full name as it appears on their licence.

So wayyy back in the day Lando and I trained. His last name is the same, but his first name is Landon. I always wondered if it was the nickname that made whoever drop the "N" off his first name.

Max Holloway was born Jerome Max Keli'i Holloway

Yoshihiro Akiyama was born Choo Sung-hoon

Leon Edwards was born Leon Scott

Paddy Pimblett was born Pádraig Pimpledick

Cub Swanson was born Kevin Luke Swanson

Back