MMA fighter suffers crushed trachea

Edmond Rousey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
20140604__140604_DanKiser_mmafighter.jpg

Dan "The King" Kiser collapsed during his MMA contest May 24 at Kent Freeman Arena in Detroit Lakes, Minn., apparently from severe blows to the trachea when kicked by his opponent. Kiser, 27, suffered a collapsed trachea and underwent surgery to reduce pressure on his brain.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_25901939/detroit-lakes-mma-fighter-who-suffered-crushed-trachea

Wish him well.

I'm surprised this injury doesn't occur a little more often.

He was kicked in the throat?

Jesus, that's awful. Hope everything works out for the best.

Ouch that's terrible I'm actually surprised that it doesn't happen more often but I wish him a speedy recovery and I hope he returns to the cage.

sad to hear. Hope he recovers quickly. YOu don't see this very often because it is incredibly difficult/unlucky to land a punch or a kick to someones throat . Especially when they are in a proper fighting stance and have their chin tucked properly

That's a scary situation.

Wish him well.

I'm surprised this injury doesn't occur a little more often.

yeah i've always expected this to happen. i see a lot of inadvertent strikes missing the chin and getting to the throat area.

talk about the ultimate sore throat. Heres to a quick turnaround.

I hope he is ok, that sounds terrible.

And yeah, it's easy to miss the chin, it's surprising this doesn't happen more often.

silva_henderson_2-300x340.jpg

Can you heal from that type of injury? Or is it damaged for good?

Sorry to hear it.. Was the pressure on his brain from the lack of oxygen over an extended period, or what?

oh shit, always hate to hear about serious injuries, take care bro.

Back