MMA Dictionary

pandaboy99

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Is there a dictionary or source for MMA terms so that i can understand the sport better? Words like armbar, RNC, guillitoine, single, double, half guard, rubber guard etc etc.. to the common person wouldnt know what they were until they saw them. Something like a database of words would help non mma sports people understand the strategy and skill this sport takes.

wikipedia has pretty decent text descriptions of the basic stuff, but what I think you are looking for tends to lend itself much better to video than text description...and youtube has TONS of videos for all of the basics and just about every exotic variant you could think of.

Is there a dictionary or source for MMA terms so that i can understand the sport better? Words like armbar, RNC, guillitoine, single, double, half guard, rubber guard etc etc.. to the common person wouldnt know what they were until they saw them. Something like a database of words would help non mma sports people understand the strategy and skill this sport takes.

I've been trying to build up a BJJ glossary (so not MMA, but some cross-over), which might help a little: however, I'm just a noobie blue, so plenty of stuff I don't understand.

Back