MM hype is reaching.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I don't doubt their skillsets. They would kick my ass big time.

But, MM isn't really any more skillful than other elite fighters.

Two things only stand out to me from MM, he's really fast, great great at level change, and great on his feet.

He looks out of his element on his back. And he's been taken down plenty, and I don't like Miguel Torres, and I was pulling for MM, but you know he lost that fight.

Other than he really moves around a lot, nothing one hasn't seen before.

It seems a part of the whole guilt trap to make people feel bad about not being interested equally in whole division and be more interested in their division, when that statement is not warranted at all.

He is 22-2 and has defended his title 6 times in a row. I think his hype is legit enough.

Not for what he's pushing him as.

But , I guess it's not one hundredth as bad as Ronda's.

I agree. People tend to overrate his skills because of his speed. Especially Rogan.

His scrambles have improved TREMENDOUSLY since Torres and Cruz.

His striking depends a bit on his quick first step and movement, but his athleticism and motor is never ending and his chin is solid. His low kicks sap the your own movement and darts in without overcommitting too much.

But that isn't where he excels. He has one of the most varied stand-up wrestling games in the UFC--- he can grind with hooks against the cage or switch to Thai style clinches. And once he is on top, he pressures and strikes well but he may have some of the best guard passing in MMA. I'm talking top-5.

So yeah, he isn't amazing off his back. Very few fighters are Werdum. But he is literally amazing everywhere else. He reminds me QUITE a lot of GSP, except he isn't as great of a wrestler, so he shows more of an all around game. He deserves all the praise he gets.

Not discounting Dodson, though. Dodson is, imo, THE most athletic guy in MMA. He is the only guy who can make DJ pay with some of his bad habits. Dodson just needs to work on his championship round cardio.

Gotta sell the fight. Nobody is invincible but its not a good selling point to say that when talking about a champion.

Don't worry. No amount of Rogan/Dana hype will get people to care about DJ or the flyweights.

What hype? No one is hyped about him except for Joe Rogan who is getting paid to hype him up.

I agree. People tend to overrate his skills because of his speed. Especially Rogan.

But his speed is relative. Many of the guys in his division are fast as hell and much faster than anyone in the higher weight classes

But his speed is relative. Many of the guys in his division are fast as hell and much faster than anyone in the higher weight classes

I don't like MM but his speed is not relative. Sure he's smaller and faster then bigger guys but he's on a different level then the other 125ers. So is Dodson. But MM is still one notch above Dodson.

Mighty Mouse makes Benavidez look slow and Benavidez makes Dustin Ortiz look like he's fighting in molasses.

there really isn't anybody at the moment whom I can think that has his skill level, not even Aldo IMO. His shots are fluid and quick, his standup diverse, technical and he moves well between countering and pressuring. His ground game is advanced with solid top control and the ability to his subs from any position. His stamina is incredible. He's the perfect fighter frankly; sure there are probably minor flaws here or there or things he could do a bit better, but he's the most complete fighter in the game right now, maybe ever and his speed makes it all the better.

MM has set the record for latest finish twice after effortless victories. Forget McGregor, Johnson is the guy who doesn't just finish fights, he picks the round.

I don't like MM but his speed is not relative. Sure he's smaller and faster then bigger guys but he's on a different level then the other 125ers. So is Dodson. But MM is still one notch above Dodson.

he means that whilst MM is fast in the absolute sense, he is also probably the fastest man relative to his division as well.

nice that youre talking about fights that happened 4 years ago at least

:icon_lol:

#3 p4p fighter, and it's deserved. With no Jones, he's #2.

he means that whilst MM is fast in the absolute sense, he is also probably the fastest man relative to his division as well.

Oh okay then we're on the same page. I'm really drunk and didn't read his whole post. Derp.

not only the fastest in his division, or even the sport, but I daresay he is the fastest human being I have ever had the pleasure to witness. Combine his supernatural quickness with his perfect technique and relentless cardio and it becomes unfair for any mortal to fight him.

Watching his mastery along with the other ~100k legally purchased PPV viewers, I cant help but feel guilty. Guilty because none of us are worthy of being in the presence of such greatness.

God forbid you learn about a fighter. You wouldn't want to sound informed.

How does me learning about a fighter have anything to do with me knowing that 125 is the weakest division ever?
If I am wrong, tell me what is the weakest male division ever? HW is more exciting.
This is not the dating game and shit. I don't care how long he likes his walks on the beach.

Back