• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked MLB Discussion Thread v1: Eat Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really pay any serious attention to MLB anymore. Used to be my favorite sport. But I decided to look up the stats for my lowly Tigers to see how individuals were doing the TEAM LEADER in batting average is Javier Bae hitting an impressive .233. What the fuck as happened to this sport? If you count even players who don't have enough at bats to qualify, not one player is hitting above .270 except one guy hitting .300 with a whole 10 at bats.

Rob Deer and Pete Incaviglia would be gods if they played in this era

I don't really pay any serious attention to MLB anymore. Used to be my favorite sport. But I decided to look up the stats for my lowly Tigers to see how individuals were doing the TEAM LEADER in batting average is Javier Bae hitting an impressive .233. What the fuck as happened to this sport? If you count even players who don't have enough at bats to qualify, not one player is hitting above .270 except one guy hitting .300 with a whole 10 at bats.

Rob Deer and Pete Incaviglia would be gods if they played in this era
lol no; Rob Deer and Pete Incaviglia would make Adam Dunn look like Ichiro in this era.

lol no; Rob Deer and Pete Incaviglia would make Adam Dunn look like Ichiro in this era.
They were both perfectly capable of hitting .215 with 30 homers. Back then that average just wasn't acceptable. Now they would be amongst the team leaders in both homers and average

They were both perfectly capable of hitting .215 with 30 homers. Back then that average just wasn't acceptable. Now they would be amongst the team leaders in both homers and average
lol @ this "back in my day" crab apple brain concept that hitters today suck rather than pitchers throwing harder and having shitloads of analytics on what to throw and how to shift.

(not to mention Pete would have been popped for his drug use)

lol @ this "back in my day" crab apple brain concept that hitters today suck rather than pitchers throwing harder and having shitloads of analytics on what to throw and how to shift.

(not to mention Pete would have been popped for his drug use)
Your gimmick would be a lot better if you just tried a little subtlety instead of trying to be an asshole in every single post no matter how innocent the post is you are quoting. i mean i could say the sky is blue and you would respond by saying how stupid i am and old people are pieces of shit. It kind of makes it lose its effectiveness.

Your gimmick would be a lot better if you just tried a little subtlety instead of trying to be an asshole in every single post no matter how innocent the post is you are quoting. i mean i could say the sky is blue and you would respond by saying how stupid i am and old people are pieces of shit. It kind of makes it lose its effectiveness.
lol bro you came into a thread of current baseball fans like a douche trying to shit on literally an entire generation of players saying they suck and how you don't watch the games, while appealing to your age and older players, so what else am I supposed to go off?
Maybe try framing your discussion better next time.
All my recent posts here are paying homage to older players like Pujols and Clemente without trying to declare that everyone else sucks like you did.

lol bro you came into a thread of current baseball fans like a douche trying to shit on literally an entire generation of players saying they suck and how you don't watch the games, while appealing to your age and older players, so what else am I supposed to go off?
Maybe try framing your discussion better next time.
All my recent posts here are paying homage to older players like Pujols and Clemente without trying to declare that everyone else sucks like you did.
Stay hard, kiddo.

One of the strangest injuries I've seen in the Yankees/Brewers game. Marwin González was batting in the top of the third inning. He had just taken strike one. The Brewers catcher Victor Caratini tries to throw the ball back to Woodruff and hits Gonzales in the left side of his head knocking his batting helmet off. The game was paused for a considerable time to see if Gonzalez could continue but eventually the Yankees replaced him with Hicks.

One of the strangest injuries I've seen in the Yankees/Brewers game. Marwin González was batting in the top of the third inning. He had just taken strike one. The Brewers catcher Victor Caratini tries to throw the ball back to Woodruff and hits Gonzales in the left side of his head knocking his batting helmet off. The game was paused for a considerable time to see if Gonzalez could continue but eventually the Yankees replaced him with Hicks.
yikes.
I've had teammates as catchers get hit with backswings or practice backswings, but never the reverse.

Wow this post has aged so poorly
Any team that signs him for ten years are idiots. I stand by that. Sure, some one will give him an outrageous deal till he's 40 so I agree that not taking the deal at the beginning of the year was smart on his part.

But even after players have record breaking seasons like he is vary rarely duplicate it. Hell, they have Stanton on their payroll who hit 50 HR one time. Now he's dead weight half the time.

Any team that signs him for ten years are idiots. I stand by that. Sure, some one will give him an outrageous deal till he's 40 so I agree that not taking the deal at the beginning of the year was smart on his part.

But even after players have record breaking seasons like he is vary rarely duplicate it. Hell, they have Stanton on their payroll who hit 50 HR one time. Now he's dead weight half the time.
He hit in the post season. He takes too long to get hot after injuries which are FREQUENT. As a Yankee fan I hope he gets hot again for October when it counts.

Judge is a much better hitter than Stanton.

But no guy unless they are 25 and under, is worth signing for 10 years. Even then it's still kind of dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back