mkimonos

Gsoares**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
best way to get ahold of them? there site hasnt been updated since 2004 is when the news said. I e-mailed them Friday and no word back.. sent one to both of the e-mail addresses.

Luciana (the owner) has taken Mkimono out of business for the time being. I spoke with her a couple of weeks ago. She does intend to return to making some of the best kimono on the market with her new brand Lutadore but that wont be until later in the year. There were problems with the brand name plus (I have been told) she was owed a lot of money by a certain well known dealer who didn't pay her.
Its a shame as she made some of the best BJJ gear out there. Pity the Machado bros couldn't be supportive rather than destructive!

I hve an MKimono. I was kinda hoping to stick with that brand. I guess I am screwed.

She told me the same thing that Roy stated. She does a great job and I hope to carry her new line when they become avail.

www.SSFgear.com

My view is that if you are an Mkimono fan then let Lu know. I know she was really down with what happened. She did a great job keeping the company running as well as having some of the best customer service in the business. It was plain pettiness of the Machado bros to hammer her on using her own family name for her kimono. It was a shame that they couldn't see that they would have benefitted also from being associated with a quality brand!

I really wanted one and i am determined to get one... i sent her an e-mail anjd that didnt work so im open to suggestions

What size are you looking for? I have ONE A3 MMAGear Tribal which is a Machado with MMAGear patches.

Fightgear UK said:
What size are you looking for? I have ONE A3 MMAGear Tribal which is a Machado with MMAGear patches.
any pics

If anyone is interested in the Machado/MMAGear black triibal - email me at [email protected]. I don't want to just start pimping gear here. Suffice to say, it looks superb.

A training partner of mine has that Gi (infact I think he may have gotten it from you Roy) and it does look pretty spiffy.

Another alternative if you want that brand of kimono is to get a V&M kimono as I beleive that's the same deal as the MMA gear one, same kimono with different patches.

To be honest, we made a decision ages ago not to stock V&M. Their quality varies tremendously. They did used to use Machado and rebadge them but the quality is at best variable. It has lots of 'bling' but I just think it is too expensive for what it is.

I've heard that in the past about quality of V&M, I've had no troubles with mine I have to say and one of my other training partners has a diferent V&M which he seems pleased with.

But yea I have heard other people who haven't had so much luck, so it's probaby wise to be cautious when ordering them.

Fightgear UK said:
To be honest, we made a decision ages ago not to stock V&M. Their quality varies tremendously. They did used to use Machado and rebadge them but the quality is at best variable. It has lots of 'bling' but I just think it is too expensive for what it is.

agree- some one has the tribal version, white single weave- and its just horrible- really terrible fit, and the material is average.

Im only ever gonna spend $150 on a gi if only its a koral

You know, if Gameness or Dragao gave away as many kimono to instructors and competitors as Koral did, Koral would not be anywhere near as prestigious as they are currently seen. Why do people want them? Because they see this fighter or that instructor wearing them. They are a good gi but nowhere near as well engineered or designed as Gameness or Dragao or a number of other makes out there.

Once again, Roy is right on the button. I own over 20 different gis and only sell a handful because I don't feel that the other brands are worth the money or the hype. Gameness is one of the best gis made and the price is really good.

www.SSgear.com

And before anyone jumps on the 'pre-shrunk' bus... I honestly think that the ability to shrink a gi to fit as an advantage not a disadvantage. Sure, its more work but in the end you get a tailored outfit. I was at a recent major BJJ event in London and saw maybe six people wearing Koral. Out of those, only one fitted properly.
BTW.. thanks for the kind words Ron. "20 different gis"???? Wow. Your wife must be far more understanding than mine! lol. Just got my birthday present from the owner of NoGi - a wonderful black Nogi gi! Looks superb!

Roy-post a picture of the gi. I've never seen a NoGi gi. By the way, happy birtday. Nobody sent me a gi for my birthday last month (Gameness, Mizuno, hint).

www.SSFgear.com

Ron: as per your request...

It looks better on me by the way! lol
g_kimono_preto.gif

Back