MJ = PED???

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For those of you who've ever blown on leaves, do you think that it's a performance enhancer?

Be honest.

Personally, I can see where if a fighter get super high, they can start seeing shit in slow-mo.

People who can fight high should be awarded a medal, as per Bas.

No chance. If you're blazed your reaction time and concentration suffer, especially with striking. Eddie Bravo says he likes to be stoned when rolling in the gym because he thinks it makes him more creative, but he said he would never smoke before an actual competition.

images

nope, nada, ziltch.... not even a little bit

do you even thc mate?

I have grappled high, and at least for me, i felt like a slow retarded white belt.

If you're seeing shit in slow
motion, you've smoked PCP
my man...

Banned yes.

I'm a believer that it is a big help in recovering from hard training. A little edible 1 1/2 hrs before training and there's a lot less pain for the rest of the day. It's legal as medicine for several reasons. If you make your own edibles you can make them really strong like a Vicodin and use them to your benefit for training.

Wouldn't recommend it during competition like Eddie Brave said.

I know several people that believe smoking enhances your ground game, BJJ wise (including Joe Rogan, not that I "know" him").

I know a few people, too, that believe drinking makes them a better driver...

Anyone who thinks weed is a PED has either never smoked it, or they're just an idiot.

Yes, you can get in a "zone" while high. Look at the Beatles. They created all their music while stoned.

It helps me with jiu jitsu, but if I get into a scramble I'm wayy slower - also makes it more difficult to time strikes being thrown your way. When someone like MJ who's known for being such a fast fighter does it, I can't imagine it would be helpful for his particular skillset.

It's all about finding that zone and weed will help you.

For those of you who've ever blown on leaves, do you think that it's a performance enhancer?

Be honest.

Personally, I can see where if a fighter get super high, they can start seeing shit in slow-mo.
how would getting high make him see in slow-mo?? have you ever even smoked before? lol

all it does is help you relax, which can be beneficial for sparring(in my experience)

People need to remember banned substances aren't always banned because they help you win, they are sometimes banned because they put you in danger. MJ is banned because a doctor said it could act as a painkiller allowing you to take more damage than normal and put themselves in danger.

I thought Michael Johnson got popped or something with that title

If someone kicks your ass, and your excuse is 'that's not fair, he got stoned first'... then you should have your ass kicked again.

People need to remember banned substances aren't always banned because they help you win, they are sometimes banned because they put you in danger. MJ is banned because a doctor said it could act as a painkiller allowing you to take more damage than normal and put themselves in danger.

I think you're more sensitive to pain when you're high lol.

Its not numbing like being drunk.

It's also about not having anything in your system if for some reason they have to perform life saving measures on you.

But I can see how being a little high can help with a performance. Especially if you have extreme anxiety. certainly it would be better to be a little slower but calm than psyched out of your mind and gassing early.

Back