mizuno eurocomp gi for bjj?

BJJ Coffee Drinker

Amateur Fighter
@Brown
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has experience with the Mizuno Eurocomp gi that also trains bjj. How does the eurocomp stack up for bjj? I know it is a narrower fit than other judo gis but it is still a judo gi meaning it likely will be baggier than most bjj gi. for those who have used it, what gis are they similar to in cut? Also, do you find that the eurocomp is similar in size respective to your bjj gis? example, A1 gi size compared to size 3 eurocomp gi. I want a eurocomp as I know the material is quality and I like that double weave feel.

I had 2 Eurocomps back when I first started BJJ, and everyone hated me for it. The suits were really heavy compared to the single weaves my training partners wore. The cut wasn't bad for BJJ, it was just the thickness. It hindered my mobility to a degree. Not to say that I didn't like it, but I notice when I wear single weaves compared to a thick judo double. They have changed the cut of the Euro in that time so I would contact a distributor or a shop and ask about sizing. Also, I would look into Atama double weaves, and possibly some other judogi company that has some lighter doubles which will allow for more movement but still give the weight you desire (Fushida, HCK, etc...).

Back