• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Missouri Overwhelmingly Passes Grow-Your-Own Medical Marijuana

Gonna be a lot of shitty weed.

I am no expert... But is it really possible to do much damage to the quality of the weed during the growing process if you start with seeds from a highly potent strain?

Home grows are a gateway to meth labs. The studies are indisputable.
<Eek2.0><Lmaoo>

I still haven't ran into a meth lab here in Colorado. Not saying there isnt any but I call bull shit!
That myth about gateway is flat bullshit and has been busted a hundred times over.

<Eek2.0><Lmaoo>

I still haven't ran into a meth lab here in Colorado. Not saying there isnt any but I call bull shit!
That myth about gateway is flat bullshit and has been busted a hundred times over.

Everyone knows it goes home grow - meth lab - rape.

Just say no.

I am no expert... But is it really possible to do much damage to the quality of the weed during the growing process if you start with seeds from a highly potent strain?

It'd be hard to fuck up the potency, provided you produce a harvest. But looks, smell, and taste might not be all that. I guess you could harvest way too early or way too late, but that's a big window.

Not any more stupid than taxing other things. And the tax is on the trade, not the plant. People growing their own won't have to pay taxes unless they sell it (and that would fall under a dispensary business and not personal use).

All taxation is stupid... and theft. It's immoral.

The seeds are just one variable. Method of growing (indoor, outdoor, hydro, etc), the fertility of the earth, air quality, the type of nutrients you give the plant, the amount of sunlight and water, etc all have an impact on quality. You can always decrease the quality of a good seed by screwing up how you nurture it.

I am all for "sin" taxes providing funding for roads and whatnot as opposed to raising income or property or vehicle registration taxes for the governmental income

I drink myself, but alcohol, cigarettes, and now Marijuana I'm all for the government getting a large chunk out of. I'd rather have money come from people spending their money on things that at least somewhat negatively affect themselves rather than taxes on necessities. Also, anyone spending money of alcohol, cigarettes, or pot is doing so with their spending and expendable money. Not cutting into needed money for living comfortably as other taxes impact
I agree with the sentiment but you have to be careful not to tax it too much. High taxes on stuff like cigarettes and weed can allow a black market niche to grow if the black market can provide them for cheaper because of the tax. We still have a cigarette black market because the various states tax them at varying levels and so smugglers buy them in states with low cigarette taxes to sell them in ones with a higher state tax. Could easily see the black market for weed sticking around if the tax is too high; if your dealer from before weed was legalized sells you more or less the same quality for significantly cheaper why even buy the legal weed?

But again, I'm sympathetic to the idea of a vice tax and despite being against restrictive zoning laws in general I do support restricting businesses of vice like liquor stores and pot dispensaries.

Not any more stupid than taxing other things. And the tax is on the trade, not the plant. People growing their own won't have to pay taxes unless they sell it (and that would fall under a dispensary business and not personal use).
Unless there's a tax on the sale of the seed which I imagine there will be. But point taken nonetheless.

A surprise to some, including me, that it passed with over 65% of the vote. Two competing Medical MJ measures were voted down, with Missourians making a rational choice.

The rough details can be found at https://ballotpedia.org/Missouri_Am...Veteran_Healthcare_Services_Initiative_(2018).

cliffs:

Purchase of up to 4 ounces
Grow up to 6 plants
Sales tax of 4%
Local governments may not ban medical MJ, but will decide dispensary rules
State lawmakers are probably not done with this - they will try to allow local governments to opt out

I believe MO is the 31st state to have at least medical MJ, but check me on that. That means there is now more than a supermajority of states on board.

Might make trying to legally buy a firearm interesting considering the 4473 was edited to specifically address the use of medical marijuana . . .

Might make trying to legally buy a firearm interesting considering the 4473 was edited to specifically address the use of medical marijuana . . .

While true, that question amounts to self-incrimination. Or if it's not, then a right has been denied without due process.

Or just say "no" to being an unlawful user because it's not been proven and we're all innocent until proven guilty. :cool:

Ha yeah, that part is a bit awkward. I don't think it's going to be enforceable for much longer, if it even is now.

"First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the pussy." - DJ Quik

growing is too much work
just go to the million or so dispensaries here
and buy what you want.

Back