Miranda vs. Lacy

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Cracky, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

now that Miranda is at 168, I think this would be an amazing fight between two of the hardest punchers in boxing.
    Who wins it?

2. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

Miranda on desire to fight.

3. 5acrossYOeye

5acrossYOeye Silver Belt

Lacy looked really stagnant against Manfredo.

I got Miranda.

Must admit...I like how Miranda is going after everyone

4. elbowsmash

elbowsmash Brown Belt

gotta go with liu and 5, can't ko manfredo? pantera will eat ur f'ing face.

5. Sinister

People underestimate Edison that he's not as good as advertised, that's true enough, but he WANTS to kill you, and that makes all the difference in the World. Plus he's only been hurt by Kelly Pavlik and Allan Green, and it took Green until late to hurt him. That makes him tough as all get-out.

6. prontostar

prontostar Gymmy TUNDAH!

lacy have anything left in the tank?

7. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

I dunno. That left hook of Lacy's would find it's home a few times and make it an interesting bout. + Lacy is more technically sound. That said, I agree with King that Miranda has the greater killer instinct and that would prob be the difference.

8. Sinister

Lacy's always been lazy in the ring though. That's the reason the fight with Sheika was so good, because Omar fought him back and made a brawl out of it, not letting Lacy push him around. Miranda's a lot like Sheika in his mentality, only he hits a lot harder.

9. totalstranga

totalstranga Ike Turner Backhand Belt

without reading any posts and thus you guys and your "valid" arguements having no influence..my gut says Lacy

10. bradlee180

bradlee180 Banned Banned

A crucial difference is Jeff Lacy doesn't seem to have recovered psychologically from his 1st loss in that 1-sided 12 rd drubbing from Calzaghe; Lacy doesn't seem the same self-confident, aggressive ball-of-energy fighter that he was pre-Calzaghe.

Edison Pantera Miranda, on the other hand, was viciously KO'ed by Kelly Pavlik, but Edison's bounced right back from that loss and shows no reluctance to engage and destroy at all.

The jury's still out on Lacy, I think. Maybe he'll get back that edge; some guys never recover from that first decisive loss.

11. Sinister

He looked like total crap against a kid he'd have walked over 3 years ago. I think he's pretty much through.

12. 5acrossYOeye

5acrossYOeye Silver Belt

dan birmingham won that fight for lacy-manfredo.

I remember clear as day when he told lacy...you need to light the fuse or its over. Not that lacy became a killer or anything but he was able to get lacy to hustle a smidget harder than manfredo.

13. BootyDaddy

BootyDaddy Big Bad

Lacy looks an old man in the ring and completely washed up to me.

I'd go with Pantera.

14. lugubriousduck

lugubriousduck Banned Banned

Miranda by clubbing rights.

Looks like Lazy Lacy can't deal with pressure being dealt to him. Miranda would start unloading on Lacy (and Lacy's defense ain't all that hot) and he crumbles. I say Edison KOs Lacy by 6th.

Don't get me wrong. Lacy still has murderous power. And a fighter like Miranda might actually make Lacy look good if he can get off his shots properly. It's just that the onslaught would keep coming and if he can't KO Miranda with one punch, he would yield eventually.

15. deadpool

deadpool H***an Chop!!

Miranda is still a killer. So was Lacy. But the power edge might go with Miranda.

16. Fat Abbot

Fat Abbot Brown Belt

After that shoulder surgery, Jeff isn't left hook anymore. You take away a guys best punch and it'll hurt him bad.

If an injury took my left hook away I know I wouldn't be near as good a boxer or fighter, even though my right is as powerful if not slightly more, it's my favorite punch.

I can only imagine how bad it'd be for someone like Lacy, who doesn't have power in both hands and really only has big power in the left.

17. AtomicPope

AtomicPope Blue Belt

I wondered the same thing after fighting that scrub Manfredo. I think he's still psychologically demolished after facing Calzaghe. But then again, what the hell did he expect? It's Joe Calzaghe *shrug*

Miranda is a mentally AND physically tough fighter. He'll show up to fight and put everything on the line. That's what makes him great. You really have to been in top form to pressure Edison Miranda. He doesn't get unnerved easily. Lacy on the other hand gets frustrated rather quickly. If he's not dominating at the sound of the bell his lack of confidence shows quicky. Kinda like a Zab Juda but without talent.

18. PaiMeiBSNN

PaiMeiBSNN Orange Belt

LMFAO he's left hook was never that good to start with. you guys are buying into his nickname too much and his power was much overrated too. he's a strong puncher but not a one punch KO type of guy.

19. ssx

ssx Brown Belt

Lacy's power is overrated IMO. I don't actually think Pantera was hurt in the Green fight, he looked more off balance, Eastman had him hurt at least twice though. If Lacy would or could get some of his fighting spirit back, I'd lean to him slightly, I just doubt he will get it back. Miranda TKO6.

20. phenomfan1529

phenomfan1529 Brown Belt

i like Miranda as well