• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mir vs Overeem confirmed for UFC 167!

This is a bad matchup for Mir and hopefully he makes a permanent move to broadcasting after the brutal beat-down Overeem is gonna give him.

Oh my good golly gosh. I am almost as excited for this fight as I am for GTA 5, where to begin.

Both men have unfortunately been on a down slip lately,seeing that a rematch with vera was simply not the right thing to do, this was the right fight to make.
Alistair has confidence in his ground game but he avoided the ground against fabricio werdum. I can see him using this game plan against frank. Clearly this is a must win for both guys putting a lot of pressure on this fight whether they admit it or not.
Overeem having 50 fights and mir having 24 means there is plenty of experience for both men again TOP competitors.

This fight is even the 75th combined fight for both men, 7 + 5 = 12. Twelve representing the end of a cycle.

Post your thoughts on who will win this fight, or what the other fighter has to do in order to win.

Mir is a dead man. No way he is withstanding Overeems 1st round onslaught. No chance in hell.

Normally i would say Alistair has got this...but his last two fights have made me think twice about favoring him.

Mir has power in his hands, has way more endurance and better submissions.

Neither guy has a great chin....hard fight to call.

Ill wait until the weigh ins to make my decision.

Terrible matchup for Mir. He's going to wilt under the early pressure.

Shaping up to be a great PPV, guess I gotta lean towards Overeem on this, don't think Mir has the standup to deal with him long enough to get it to the ground.

I think Mir will pull out with an "injury". It's shitty to say but the match up is to bad and there is to much on the line. He will pull out and end up fighting and beatin lesser competition.

I'm a big Mir fan so, I'm hoping he wins this...As long as the ref doesn't stop it while he's getting pounded on early in the 1st.

I'd really like to see Mir take Reem's arm home, but he'll likely stand with him to prove a point and that'll be a crap shoot if they get in a brawl

Mir SHOULD get owned on. But BF and Browne were supposed to get owned on also.

I really don't know who to pic?!??!!

As much as I hate to say it...Overeem takes this one.

Who ever rocks the other guy first will take it. It's a pretty even fight....i favor Mir in the center of the octagon....Overeem will crush him in the clinch.

Frank mir Sr. Will sit and waych his son take a beating like always.

ihavenoson.gif

Nice. I cant stand either guy so ill be happy with the outcome of the fight.

Reem by 1st round KO.

Ive enjoyed hating on Mir for so many yrs now, id legitimately hate to see him go.

Normally i would say Alistair has got this...but his last two fights have made me think twice about favoring him.

Mir has power in his hands, has way more endurance and better submissions.

Neither guy has a great chin....hard fight to call.

Ill wait until the weigh ins to make my decision.

I don't think Frank has "way more endurance" than anyone.

Back