• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miocic vs. Ngannou "Getting Closer" To A Deal For UFC 220 in Boston

I dunno man. Maybe you should go to the wedding to scout the talent. You can always bounce early to watch Ngannou sleep Miocic
hahahaa, I was kidding, I will definitely go to the wedding. but bad timing, I wouldn't mind a week earlier or later. but as holloway would say, it is what it is. I will just have my phone or some tablet to watch dc vs volkan and ngannou vs miocic

Cejudo, Pettis is still a fresh match-up and not to far down a list to get a a shot. Dom when he’s healthy, Jimmie Rivera. Frankie Edgar, Colby, Wonderboy, Lawler/RDA winner, Volkan’s fighting for it soon, Gus will be healthy soon, seems like you don’t really watch the sport or something.

You shouldn’t be getting praise for being a champ and taking on a contender. It’s what you’re supposed to fuckin do /danawhitevoice

I'm pleasantly suprised. Stipe has been negotiating w/ UFC for awhile.

It confirms my suspicion: the UFC stalled and dragged their feet because there wasn't a consensus contender. Now there's one, and it's one they're hot to have, so they can't start flinging money fast enough.

Rumors with guys that generally always show up usually hold true,but January 20th seems really soon for a huge title fight.I think it's possible they were working on the winner getting the title fight against Stipe on Jan 20th even before the contender fight happened allowing Stipe time to have a full camp which I think is a good possibility.

In countering the various trolls on Instagram who have been bitching at Miocic for not fighting of late, his wife has been frequently countering that it's not up to him to decide, it's the UFC, and that he's in the gym training and waiting. Doesn't mean he's already started a camp, but to be sure he isn't just kicking back on the couch.

Mmm...to the Garden I shall go for this one if the rest of the card is decent!

It confirms my suspicion: the UFC stalled and dragged their feet because there wasn't a consensus contender. Now there's one, and it's one they're hot to have, so they can't start flinging money fast enough.

Not just that. A lot of reports were saying that the UFC was trying to make a match between Stipe and Cain, but Cain's health problems kept him out of that match.

And then yes, without Cain in the picture, there wasn't a clear title contender.

Nice thinking. I can see why they did that. What caused all of this was Overeem getting paid 800k$ to fight Werdum which, as much as I love Overeem and want fighters to get paid more, doesn't make sense for a contender that's past their prime. I was actually quite worried the UFC were gonna stand their ground completely and let Stipe walk off like Rory. Glad Francis popped up.

Does anyone else think they are putting the HW & LHW belts on the line on the same night because they are worried about a free bellator card featuring Rory eating into their PPV buys? I was honestly gonna watch bellator until they announced miocic/ngannou.
Now just gotta make sure Conor shows up in Boston instead of at bellator lol

Wow isnt Stipe even smaller than Overeem? Its like 2-3 weight classes between, my money is def on the black guy

People trying to pull the race angle with a ethnic Croat and a Cameroonian.

Not everywhere has a history of recent racial douchebaggery.

Actually, Croatia does have a history of recent racial/ethnic douchebaggery.

Wow isnt Stipe even smaller than Overeem? Its like 2-3 weight classes between, my money is def on the black guy

When Stipe last fought, he weighed in at a whole whopping pound less than Alastair did last Friday. Pffft.

By the way, the very first day Miocic spent in an MMA gym was as a wrestling partner for a guy who weighed 330lbs. If he hadn't handled that task well, we'd never have heard of Stipe.

The more time has passed from the Reem KO and the more I thought about it rationally Im starting to think Stipe has a very good shot at winning. Stipe is without a doubt the better technical boxer. And lets not forget he has big power as well. Ngannou likely has more power but he swings wild hooks and can be a little sloppy. Stipe is also without a doubt the better wrestler and although Ngannou is probably stronger its probably not by a whole lot. Stipe is also very strong. And I have to think Stipe has better cardio as well, hes proven he can go 5 hard rounds without tiring much. Ngannou with the extra muscle mass I have to think will slow down before Stipe does. Stipe has also started incorporating some nice kicks which I have never seen from Ngannou. Stipe is just much more well rounded.

I'm with you.

Tentatively picking Stipe.

We're one of quite few, and we're either gonna look like geniuses when Stipe handles NGannou well, or like muppets when Francis KO's another fool in the first.

Can't wait

A level specimen
C level fighter

Pick one

C level fighter?

get that BBC out of your mouth you silly fanboy. Stipe is legit and beat some of the best HW's available.

this is a great matchup and excellent test for both competitors

People trying to pull the race angle with a ethnic Croat and a Cameroonian.

Not everywhere has a history of recent racial douchebaggery.
Pretty sure most former republic of yugoslavia countries have racist feelings and opinions to all kind of people, inclusive them of west african descent, but on the other hand they (yugoslavs) probably never had a big role during the Ottoman Empire's dealing with slaves from west africa.

So seen from a historic perspective other European and Asian groups than for example Croats are extremly much more involved in africn slavery than them. Even if many Croats probably shared the racist values that were the foundation for racism and slavery.

Theres multiple contenders in every division. The champs are all holding out for superfights

Which champs are ducking? Conor i give you but who else? Dc fights anyone, he wants the hardest fights. Gsp got a disease and he's prolly going to go back to his natural weight so Whittaker is the real chanp and he's fighting luke, can't say he's ducking. Woodley keeps fighting the #1 guy even tho he asks for stupid fights so he's not ducking. Max was rdy to fight frankie who got hurt then no problem signed to remach aldo, no duck there. Dillashaw is calling out dj at djs weight but he's always fought the top guys, no duck. Dj is ducking tj so here's the 2nd one i guess. Dj and conor. That's it, everyone else has been all about fighting the #1.

Back