Minotauro Nogueira just told the funniest story

barillas

🔥CHAMA Belt🔥
@Brown
Reaction score
Minotauro Nogueira recently shared a hilarious tale on Werdum's podcast, about the one and only time he took his mom to a MMA fight - and not just any fight, but the iconic showdown between Wanderlei Silva and Rampage Jackson.

Picture this: Minotauro's mom, a woman of steel who never shed a tear and ran a tight ship at home, standing in the crowd, eyes wide as the fight unfolded. The moment Silva delivered that knockout blow, sending blood flying and Rampage crashing into the ropes, she nearly keeled over in shock. The sight of Rampage dangling there, looking like he'd just been through a blender, was too much for her.

Fast forward to later that evening, as they're heading back to the hotel, she turns to Minotauro and delivers the line that's since become the stuff of legend: "Son, I always thought you were bad, but that Wanderlei Silva, he's on a whole other level of bad." It's the kind of story that has you chuckling not just at the visual but at the thought of this formidable woman recalibrating her definition of 'tough' right there and then.

Minotauro Nogueira recently shared a hilarious tale on Werdum's podcast, about the one and only time he took his mom to a MMA fight - and not just any fight, but the iconic showdown between Wanderlei Silva and Rampage Jackson. Picture this: Minotauro's mom, a woman of steel who never shed a tear and ran a tight ship at home, standing in the crowd, eyes wide as the fight unfolded. The moment Silva delivered that knockout blow, sending blood flying and Rampage crashing into the ropes, she nearly keeled over in shock. The sight of Rampage dangling there, looking like he'd just been through a blender, was too much for her. Fast forward to later that evening, as they're heading back to the hotel, she turns to Minotauro and delivers the line that's since become the stuff of legend: "Son, I always thought you were bad, but that Wanderlei Silva, he's on a whole other level of bad." It's the kind of story that has you chuckling not just at the visual but at the thought of this formidable woman recalibrating her definition of 'tough' right there and then.

Must be tough for a parent to watch their kids fight in MMA where one small mistake can lead to a brutal KO. Hopefully the Nogueira mom wasn't there to watch how her sons' careers ended with brutal losses to Roy Nelson, Anthony Johnson and Ryan Spann

I thought he might have talked about a bus and a carrot. And that it was true...

He was like a 200+ pound steamroller for awhile there sir.
He was my initial favorite fighter. I missed his prime because I was a child but around 2006 I stumbled across Pride on YouTube, and I fell in love. His attitude, his look, the aura, the violence. It felt like I was being introduced to 1 of the wonders of the world.

He was my initial favorite fighter. I missed his prime because I was a child but around 2006 I stumbled across Pride on YouTube, and I fell in love. His attitude, his look, the aura, the violence. It felt like I was being introduced to 1 of the wonders of the world.

Holy shit, how old are you ffs?

You're making me feel old man lol.

Yeah Wand looked like a demon that trained Muay Thai in hell & decided to go fight mortals.
great description, pretty much that was it. an Akuma / Gouki / Muay Thai Nosferatu Zodd whose only purpose was to destroy his weight division in embarrassing fashion.

Early 30s lol. His prime was 20 years ago already

Fuck me...I am old ffs...well fuuuuuckkk you ..no disrespect lol.

Jesus man, time flies.
I remember watching Pancrase in 1992 or so, and UFC 1 in 93, and started watching PRIDE in 2001.

I was 16 yrs old in 93 lmao.

Wanderlei was one stone cold killer...

Seeing Rampage dangling on the ropes with blood pouring out of his eyebrow was just uggggggggghhhhhh

Back