Minakov re-signs with Bellator

Great re-signing for Bellator! First, they get their elite LW Chandler back and now Minakov. Impressive.

Javy Eye Candy Ayala has his next opponent everyone, Vitaly Minakov (lol). Too bad Augusto Sakai isn't listed on the Bellator roster anymore because Minakov vs Sakai would be a good scrap. But knowing Coker it's going to be Minakov vs Ayala or Minakov vs Mir.

But knowing Coker it's going to be Minakov vs Ayala or Minakov vs Mir.

Not a fan of a fight against Mir? Seems like a good fight to earn the GP winner (Bader) to me. Plus a storyline about Frank getting to revenge his Fedor loss by taking away Fedors protege undefeated streak

Put him in with Cro Cop.

Good fight, and I know Cro Cop claimed a Octover return but based on his surgery that seems too optimistic. Can't see him competing before January and I'd rather get Minakov in there sooner.

Javy Eye Candy Ayala has his next opponent everyone, Vitaly Minakov (lol). Too bad Augusto Sakai isn't listed on the Bellator roster anymore because Minakov vs Sakai would be a good scrap. But knowing Coker it's going to be Minakov vs Ayala or Minakov vs Mir.

Sakai just got signed to the Ufc

Mirsad contract was for only one fight. Obviously a return could happen but he's not a Bellator fighter at the moment

Good fight, and I know Cro Cop claimed a Octover return but based on his surgery that seems too optimistic. Can't see him competing before January and I'd rather get Minakov in there sooner.

They could always bring Frank Mir back if Cro Cop isn't ready.

Minakov is the best HW in MMA, you will all see.. he will blow through guys like Mitrione and Mir and Nelson what the other HW's they got, he will embarrass them. They are all easy meat for him. He would blow through all the part time fighters and old age pensioners in UFC HW division too.

Cormier is awesome, I really rate Cormier, that fight could go either way, I am unsure. But anyone else in Bellator and UFC Minakov beats in my opinion

mjl.gif

Mirsad contract was for only one fight. Obviously a return could happen but he's not a Bellator fighter at the moment
Who is this Mirsad that you are listing that was nowhere in my statement?

Sakai just got signed to the Ufc
Good for him. The last fight that lost to Cheick Kongo and Bellator released, Alexander Volkov, is 4-0 in the UFC. So Augusto Sakai should fair well in the UFC and he's only 27 years old.

Well there is always Ryan Bader and King Mo for him to fight right? I guess Mitrione works as well. No to rematch vs Kongo though as last fight kinda sucked.

And why couldn't this get done before the HW tournament is beyond me.

Everything I understand from the situation was it was all directly related to fair compensation.

Pretty sad they couldn't get this done for the HW tournament as my understanding is it was always about $$$$.

Great he is back. But to me he still unproven HW. Outside of about three or four guys on his record it isn't anything to write home about. By the time you have 20 fights under your belt all wins you sure the hell should be fighting some of the best guys in the world. Especially at HW that has always been the weakest division ever.

Good for Bellator.

Pretty sad they couldn't get this done for the HW tournament as my understanding is it was always about $$$$.

Great he is back. But to me he still unproven HW. Outside of about three or four guys on his record it isn't anything to write home about. By the time you have 20 fights under your belt all wins you sure the hell should be fighting some of the best guys in the world. Especially at HW that has always been the weakest division ever.

Good for Bellator.

It's pretty sad Minikov didn't honor his original contract with Bellator. He signed it and chose to not live up to his end of the bargain. Will he honor it this time around? Is he even worth what Bellator signed him for the first time around? They turned the page and didn't appear to be looking back. Guess the money dried up in Russia.

I'm not going to say HW is the weakest division ever --- that simply isn't true, you'd see Jon Jones at HW if that were the case --- but right now there are a bunch of fighters on the back nine of their career. I agree with a lot of what you say. Minakov is largely unproven against even top 15 fighters. I don't get what the fuss is about and this guy is already 33 years old. What has he done other than have an unblemished record against journeymen and nobodies? Yes he is the last Bellator champ, which I guess adds to his story line, plus the intrigue of being an undefeated fighter , but really he is untested against the better fighters in the division.

I've seen on Russian mma forum that Minakov said (in live broadcast or something like this) that contract resigned for 2 years/6 fights.

He wasted so much time fighting in Russia. Imo he should have stayed and finished his contract and then signing with the UFC.

Back