Millipede

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Saw one crawling up the wall. By the time I frantically scrambled to grab some tape, it crawled higher. By the time I realized I better use something other than bare hand to apply the tape hoping to trap it, it fell. Now it's whereabouts are unknown and I have a very uneasy feeling.

Wiki says they mostly eat plant material, but some are predatory.

I think maybe I need to keep clear plastic cups around to trap pests on the wall to remove them without splatter.

giphy-downsized.gif

Saw one crawling up the wall. By the time I frantically scrambled to grab some tape, it crawled higher. By the time I realized I better use something other than bare hand to apply the tape hoping to trap it, it fell. Now it's whereabouts are unknown and I have a very uneasy feeling.

Wiki says they mostly eat plant material, but some are predatory.

I think maybe I need to keep clear plastic cups around to trap pests on the wall to remove them without splatter.
UGH!

Bro, your post just made my skin crawl. Seriously. I can't stand creepy crawlers like centipedes, millipedes, spiders, or beetles.

UGH!

Bro, your post just made my skin crawl. Seriously. I can't stand creepy crawlers like centipedes, millipedes, spiders, or beetles.
Me neither. Every time the hair on my legs or arms move, I'm afraid it's something crawling and about to bite and inject venom.

This is the first time seeing one so close to my home base. I smashed one on kitchen floor years ago. I saw a dead one close by. We need the filthy rich to bankroll research into communicating with them and coming to an agreement for them to stay away from our turf and we'll stay away from their turf.

I just finished watching Starship Troopers Invasion and the queen at the end proposed negotiations via possessing a human.

Careful bud, rumor has it milipedes are antisemitic.

Prepare your....

Anoos...

Me neither. Every time the hair on my legs or arms move, I'm afraid it's something crawling and about to bite and inject venom.

This is the first time seeing one so close to my home base. I smashed one on kitchen floor years ago. I saw a dead one close by. We need the filthy rich to bankroll research into communicating with them and coming to an agreement for them to stay away from our turf and we'll stay away from their turf.

I just finished watching Starship Troopers Invasion and the queen at the end proposed negotiations via possessing a human.

Cool. I'm glad I'm not the only one here who's creeped out by those types of critters.

Before moving to Arizona last year I thought I was going to be dodging scorpions every day but I've been here for about 18 months now & I haven't seen a single one. I have encountered a few Tarantulas though. But they're so big & fuzzy & slow that they don't really bother me. As long as they never come into the house then I'm cool with them.

Cool. I'm glad I'm not the only one here who's creeped out by those types of critters.

Before moving to Arizona last year I thought I was going to be dodging scorpions every day but I've been here for about 18 months now & I haven't seen a single one. I have encountered a few Tarantulas though. But they're so big & fuzzy & slow that they don't really bother me. As long as they never come into the house then I'm cool with them.
I think one camp near a beach here had scorpions. I went to this camp for school field trip overnight stay.

You assume the tarantulas are slow, but they probably are capable of huge speed bursts considering their muscles vs. overall size.

I also remember seeing some dead millipedes in light fixtures when changing bulbs. I think they somehow crawled in via roof vents.

Do you mean millipedes or centipedes?

Millipedes are cutie patooties

The small ones. The one today had legs sticking out farther from body unlike the one in your pic.

I was a bit surprised it fell by itself without me getting near it to apply tape.

Maybe the one smashed in kitchen was actual centipede (big one).

Some are known to crawl up your peehole while you sleep.

Back