Millionaire washed up fighters that won't retire. Why?

Misanthropist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I never understood this. What is the point of still fighting when you have millions of dollars that could settle you for life and you could open a successful business or have a forever layoff in your mansion?

Why give yourself extra permanent health damage and ruin your record knowing that you are done?

Addicted to the life and it’s all they know. Creatures of habit.

“You could open a successful business.”

Wonder why everyone just doesn’t do this, actually. Or just buy a winning lottery ticket.

Cause they like fighting. You wouldn't understand. You don't have millions and aren't fighting.

Wonder why everyone just doesn’t do this, actually. Or just buy a winning lottery ticket.

I tried opening an unsuccessful business once, maybe next time I'll try a successful one

I never understood this. What is the point of still fighting when you have millions of dollars that could settle you for life and you could open a successful business or have a forever layoff in your mansion?

Why give yourself extra permanent health damage and ruin your record knowing that you are done?
Its the passion for the sport. Alistair said today he loves to still go to the gym and train. The camp itself would be exciting with hard training and all the build up from fans, media and the UFC. Travelling and then competing.

Not saying its not stupid especially if you have had some horrific KO's in recent years but the love for the game is what keeps them there. Not everything is about money to some people.

Problem is when a fighter trys to open their OWN business
It goes much better if you have the cash to purchase a established franchise

Fighting is in your DNA!

<{JustBleed}>

Its the passion for the sport. Alistair said today he loves to still go to the gym and train. The camp itself would be exciting with hard training and all the build up from fans, media and the UFC. Travelling and then competing.

Not saying its not stupid especially if you have had some horrific KO's in recent years but the love for the game is what keeps them there. Not everything is about money to some people.

he wants to be champ again and make as much money as possible.

1425409895-NS_27hendricksLD13_42493379_884315.jpg

What i don't understand is how people can't understand that there are far more important things than money that influence the decisions a person makes.

I was looking into various franchises and to be honest, the returns are shit. Making 60k a year for a 500k investment sucks. Better than shitting it all away on a steak house though i guess.

Poor Bigg Riggs Burger

This probably helped fuck his fighting up assuming he spent unnecessary time here and most likely ate there too

just the burger, not the fries tho

Roy jones jr did an interview with i think was rolling stone magazine once. Beautifully written. He visits his huge farm were roy plays basketball everyday even though his knees are shot. Bottom line for him that it wasnt about the money. He lived his entire life competitively. ´Just one more title, one lhw title and ill quit this tim for real´etc.

Back