Millennials prefer MMA over boxing

This sounds about right MMA is much more exciting to watch than boxing. Boxing has so little stars around right now.

article from 2012 didnt account for the "ufc is dying" narrative yet.
UFC is dying? Their revenue grew year over year. How is that dying? In the business world that is considered growth. Dying would mean a decline in year over year revenue. I've heard this said a couple of times now and even read an article on it. It makes absolutely no sense at all. The UFC is still growing and we have yet to see a decline. Even the world's biggest companies decline sometimes and the UFC hasn't had that happen yet. For example, Apple and Google have been up and down all year. The UFC hasn't. It's such an odd naive statement I had to say something.

The last thing I will say is that the five year deal they signed with ESPN will fill their coffers more than ever before. The UFC is doing the complete opposite of dying right now.

14122f509bcd01338ea14a33c58a814f.gif

name lol?

"Fewer American millennials follow sport (in general) than their Generation X counterparts, with a McKinsey survey finding that 38 percent of millenials in contrast to 45 percent of Generation X are committed sports fans. However, the trend is not uniform across all sports; the gap disappears for National Basketball Association, Ultimate Fighting Championship, English Premier League and college sports. For example, a survey in 2013 found that engagement with mixed martial arts had increased in the 21st century and was more popular than boxing and wrestling for Americans aged 18 to 34 years old, in contrast to those aged 35 and over who preferred boxing."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/10/01/Research-and-Ratings/Up-Next.aspx
Generations-wide-table1-250h-500w.png

millennial age range as of now is 24-38.

UFC is dying? Their revenue grew year over year. How is that dying? In the business world that is considered growth. Dying would mean a decline in year over year revenue. I've heard this said a couple of times now and even read an article on it. It makes absolutely no sense at all. The UFC is still growing and we have yet to see a decline. Even the world's biggest companies decline sometimes and the UFC hasn't had that happen yet. For example, Apple and Google have been up and down all year. The UFC hasn't. It's such an odd naive statement I had to say something.

The last thing I will say is that the five year deal they signed with ESPN will fill their coffers more than ever before. The UFC is doing the complete opposite of dying right now.

you missed the sarcasm.

Well they dont listen to their parents, so..
And wouldn't that be on their parents? If a child doesn't listen to their parents it says more about the parenting than the child. Spineless parents raise entitled brats

There hasn’t been many big star hws like back in the Tyson/holifield era, I think it kinda lost a lot of people’s attention

It's also what is perceived as new and cool. Milenials are more likely to find a groupon for kickboxing, mma and CrossFit vs going to the hood for a boxing experience

And wouldn't that be on their parents? If a child doesn't listen to their parents it says more about the parenting than the child. Spineless parents raise entitled brats
Typical millennial. Blaming everyone but themselves for their problems

On average a fully grown millenial has the strength of 3 gen xers

I read that the definition of a millennial is someone who was still a teen in the year two thousand. Was disgusted to find out as a 37 year old that includes me ha!

Wow...
I thought it was born 2000 plus or minus a few.

I’m 41...
I’ll be darned.
Now gimme your lunch freshman.., lol

E-sports is where its at for millennial's.

on average, a 5 year old baby boomer has the mental fortitude of 50 millennials

1000 millenials armed only with ipads and grande lattes would crush the armies of ancient rome.

I read that the definition of a millennial is someone who was still a teen in the year two thousand. Was disgusted to find out as a 37 year old that includes me ha!

Omg filthy millenial you must be a conor nuthugger

<DisgustingHHH>

Typical millennial. Blaming everyone but themselves for their problems

You're making assumptions.

But we shouldn't put any blame on the parents who's sole responsibility is to develop a functioning adult out of the child they created and are responsible for. The kid takes blame when he or she reaches adulthood but at that point they already developed into entitled, lazy brats. Your youth play's a big part of who you become.

I'm not shifting blame it's just the reality of the situation, why would a child listen to his parents who display no discipline, reward shitty behavior, and lacks a spine. Maybe their parents should take some responsibility, just as the kid should. And this really only applies to a small group of people that fall in this age group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krakn
Back