• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Millennials Are Willing To Let Others Fight For Them

A little simple math, or just reading posts including the first one, would help you realize that this whole argument is stupid. The majority of people in the military are millennials.

Also, given that we've had an all volunteer force for quite awhile, the sentiment of not enlisting also is pretty common across multiple generations. Personally, I find the individuals that are very hawkish on foreign policy but who actively avoided service during times of war to be far more despicable.

No one is defending Chicken Hawks.

They're even worse.

No one is defending Chicken Hawks.

They're even worse.
Glad we can agree on that. Can we also agree that your statement about "Typical" was stupid since >80% of the military is millenials?

It doesn't take a bright man to realize I was referring to millennials not enlisted.

Those who ask for change, complain about the current state of things, or openly condemn operations like the military that allow for them to spew their opinions onto anyone around them.

Do you live near a major university? I do. Its incredibly prevalent, and quite annoying.

old people calling young people cowards, spoiled, etc. nothing to see here, it has been happening for thousands of years.

It doesn't take a bright man to realize I was referring to millennials not enlisted.

Those who ask for change, complain about the current state of things, or openly condemn operations like the military that allow for them to spew their opinions onto anyone around them.

Do you live near a major university? I do. Its incredibly prevalent, and quite annoying.

Right, so basically you just described our parents generation as well. Remember all those outspoken hippies dodging the draft, spitting on soldiers, and protesting at major universities? What makes millennials any different in that regard? The fact that they use twitter?

Old farts always want to crap on the younger generation.

Old people always complain about the generation they raised

None of this makes any sense. So just because some people don't think a profession is for them, they can't have an opinion on subjects where that profession would be used.

Plenty of people have no interest in joining the police force...they shouldn't have an opinion on criminal laws?

Plenty of people have no interest in becoming fire fighters...they can't discuss fire standards?

If you think ground troops are the best way to solve the problem (I don't) then you should support ground troops, regardless of if you personally want to join the military. I don't think you can judge people over a single issue. You'd need a protracted example of someone pushing unnecessary military inventions coupled with a flat out refusal to join before I'd reach some of the conclusions reached in this thread.

Anyone who joins the US military at this point is either out of their fucking minds, or desperate for a job. I say let those people go be crazy and desperate, leave me out of it

MikeArmyquiter would approve.!!

I blame video games. We grew up with Mario fighting our battles for us.

None of this makes any sense. So just because some people don't think a profession is for them, they can't have an opinion on subjects where that profession would be used.

Plenty of people have no interest in joining the police force...they shouldn't have an opinion on criminal laws?

Plenty of people have no interest in becoming fire fighters...they can't discuss fire standards?

If you think ground troops are the best way to solve the problem (I don't) then you should support ground troops, regardless of if you personally want to join the military. I don't think you can judge people over a single issue. You'd need a protracted example of someone pushing unnecessary military inventions coupled with a flat out refusal to join before I'd reach some of the conclusions reached in this thread.

This. I myself think there should be a genre of pop music consisting of scantily clad young women prancing about and singing crap lyrics. I'm all for that.

In no way does it follow, however, that I myself must therefore want to be a scantily clad young woman prancing about and singing. That's pure non sequitur. There's zero contradiction.

The article and its laments are total illogical nonsense.

This. I myself think there should be a genre of pop music consisting of scantily clad young women prancing about and singing crap lyrics. I'm all for that.

In no way does it follow, however, that I myself must therefore want to be a scantily clad young woman prancing about and singing. That's pure non sequitur. There's zero contradiction.

The article and its laments are total illogical nonsense.

Ok, but more to the point, do you want to be a scantily clad young woman, prancing about and singing?

Ok, but more to the point, do you want to be a scantily clad young woman, prancing about and singing?

I'm not ready to probe that deep into my subconscious, sir. Let's just clamp the lid closed on that box and pretend it doesn't exist.

i agree. i live near two big universities (berkeley and stanford), and it's evident around both, especially berkeley. go to a bar in berkeley and strike up a conversation with someone. you'll face-palm more times than you can count.

Back