Mike Tyson unloved in the Heavies(forum)

Tyson by ruthlessness

Tyson by I caught him with a right hook to the temple that left him on the ground convulsing like an infantile retard.

Tyson by my style is impeccable, my defense impenetrable, and I'm simply ferocious.

LOL, gutless tactics and the title, of course, so misrepresentative of the truth. Would make a 12 year old gossipy school girl proud.

I see a bunch of these threads in the boxing forums at times. Shame. This tripe isn't worthy of you.

Hey, pssst... did you hear what so and so said about you guys (exaggerates the truth 1000 fold to rile up the intended listeners) - he said XXXXXXXXX - GO GET THEM GUYS!!!

Fucking pathetic it makes my stomach churn with the slug-like level of integrity in the posting.

I've seen more integrity in my toilet bowl in the morning when I've projectile diarrhea'd. It's where this thread belongs. FLUSHHHHHHHH

Gsp wouldn't be able to wrestle Tyson to the ground

First of all, your choice of words makes you sound like a complete noob. Secondly, why couldn't GSP take Tyson down? When has Tyson shown great takedown defense? lol Prime Tyson is one of the most feared men in history....but what makes him feared off his back? You boxing people need to pull your head out of your asses for once and actually give credit to an MMA fighter. I know you're too cool to be an mma fan, but what brought you to these forums in the first place?

The TS says GSP was Ko'd by Matt Serra. Does he honestly think he would use the same strategy and stand with Tyson? Come on.

I'm a huge boxing fan and the sport is alive and well with many great young fighters coming up. But when comparing the two sports and saying a great boxer would take out a great MMA fighter in an MMA fight is absolutely ridiculous...much like Anderson Silva beating Roy Jones in boxing is a stupid statement as well.

I guess these arguments will never end...it's the nature of the beast.

First of all, your choice of words makes you sound like a complete noob. Secondly, why couldn't GSP take Tyson down? When has Tyson shown great takedown defense? lol Prime Tyson is one of the most feared men in history....but what makes him feared off his back? You boxing people need to pull your head out of your asses for once and actually give credit to an MMA fighter. I know you're too cool to be an mma fan, but what brought you to these forums in the first place?

The TS says GSP was Ko'd by Matt Serra. Does he honestly think he would use the same strategy and stand with Tyson? Come on.

I'm a huge boxing fan and the sport is alive and well with many great young fighters coming up. But when comparing the two sports and saying a great boxer would take out a great MMA fighter in an MMA fight is absolutely ridiculous...much like Anderson Silva beating Roy Jones in boxing is a stupid statement as well.

I guess these arguments will never end...it's the nature of the beast.
Facts say otherwise:
mma_mercer_sylvia_576.jpg

The only problem is Ray was VERY FAR from being a great Boxer when he fought the #8th ranked MMA HW and an ATG in Sylvia.

Not to mention the weight gap between GSP and Tyson.

Facts say otherwise:
mma_mercer_sylvia_576.jpg

The only problem is Ray was VERY FAR from being a great Boxer when he fought the #8th ranked MMA HW and an ATG in Sylvia.

Not to mention the weight gap between GSP and Tyson.

Yeah how did I know someone would bring that up?

I guess you missed the words "Great mma fighter" because anyone who thinks Sylvia is "great" needs their head examined.

Put Valesquez up against Ray and we'll see what happens.

I guess you missed the words "Great mma fighter" because anyone who thinks Sylvia is "great" needs their head examined.

Hey your own sports analysts consider him an ATG and MMA ELO puts him within the top 7 all time HW's.

If you can't face facts then go talk ultimate fightin' with your fellow fans.

Hey your own sports analysts consider him an ATG and MMA ELO puts him within the top 7 all time HW's.

If you can't face facts then go talk ultimate fightin' with your fellow fans.

I want your honest opinion.

Tell me what you think would happen if GSP shot in on Tyson and went for a takedown. I'm not talking "ultimate boxing" which is what Sylvia decided. What would happen if GSP took Tyson down and from there how would Tyson deal with it?

Tell me what you think would happen if GSP shot in on Tyson and went for a takedown. I'm not talking "ultimate boxing" which is what Sylvia decided. What would happen if GSP took Tyson down and from there how would Tyson deal with it?

Ultimate boxing? Sylvia made it abundantly clear within the first 5 seconds of the fight that he wasn't interested in "boxing" Ray Mercer when he threw a leg kick. Also, arguing that Sylvia isn't one of the all-time greats in the sport is silly really.

Ah, fuck it. No use in wasting my time proving the same points that have been proven time and time again by other posters.

So you think it would be that easy for GSP, a natural welterweight, to take down Mike Tyson? Just rush in, grab ahold of his legs and down he goes with no resistance whatsoever? Please refer to my post from earlier in this thread:

Folks, you realize we're talking about Mike Tyson right?

We aren't talking about some farm boy from butt fuck nowhere who discovered that he could continue to play out his fantasies in MMA long after his high school wrastlin' days were over.

We aren't talking about some rich kid from Hawaii who was elated to find out that tangling other men up in various sexual positions would garner him respect and adoration from Ultimate Fightin' fans.

We aren't talking about some loud mouthed guido with little man's syndrome who constantly makes gay cracks about his opponents in an attempt to mask how he really feels about his BJJ partners.

No, we're talking about Mike fuckin' Tyson,

The Baddest Man on the Planet

mike%20tyson%20pigeon.jpg

Are you kiddin' me?

First off, The Maine-iac is in fact a Great MMA fighter, one of the best the sport has ever produced.

The top Heavyweight is the King of the Hill, and weight-classes were invented because little $#!ts who can fight still can't beat a top Heavy, and promoters found a way to make money off these little $#!ts by inventing weight-classes.

Take a prime 6'2" Chuck Liddell and a prime Tito Ortiz who both dehydrated big-time to hit 205 lbs but were both about 220 to 225 lbs the night of the fight: NEITHER of them had the cajones to fight at Heavyweight where they really belonged because The Maine-iac was there and they wanted none of him.

The Top Heavy is King of the Hill, and amongst MMA Heavyweight Champs, The Maine-iac has one of the top records amongst all of them.

Damn right The Maine-iac is a great MMA fighter!

Neither St.Pierre nor Anderson Silva could take out The Maine-iac even now, pound-for-pound be damned!
St.Pierre's scared of 185, and Anderson's scared of 205: neither can f*<k with a Top Heavy.
The REAL best fighter is who wins when two men actually fight.

Even right now, The Maine-iac would knock Cain Velazquez's d!<k in the dirt, and Brock Lesnar's too for that matter.
Those guys' standup is mediocre, they couldn't stand with The Maine-iac PLUS The Maine-iac recently earned his Jiu-Jitsu brown belt.

Dos Santos is the future of UFC though, not Cain Velasquez.

In any case, it shouldn't take a prime top MMA fighter like Cain Velasquez to defend the honor of MMA against an ancient boxer like Mercer who suffers from hepatitis, asteroids, and back-pain and whose best days were in 1991 when Cain Velazquez was 9 years old!

See how ridiculous that sounds?
You want a prime MMA guy against an old faded boxer under MMA rules.
In contrast, what about a prime boxer against an old faded MMA fighter under boxing rules?
For example, why not have Ken Shamrock box David Haye?
Tank Abbott box Wladimir Klitschko?

The biggest difference is Ray is older than Shamrock and Tank, and holds a win over a UFC top Heavyweight who had just fought Nogueira 16 months before and smashed the living $#!t out of Nog for 3 rds until getting caught in a submission.

I think The Maine-iac's got one last UFC title-run left in him.
Redemption.

The Maine-iac ALWAYS comes back from adversity, adversity that has shattered men of less character.

He would get KTFO soon as he got in punching range.

Ultimate Fightin' marketing has convinced you kids that TD is some invincible weapon and the Boxer will just stand there like a moron while the other guy shoots in. We are not talking about one gloved way past his prime Art fuckin' Jimmerson or crack addict Melton Bowen in some Gracie marketing scheme but a prime Iron Mike Tyson.

This is besides the fact that if Tyson signed for an MMA fight vs GSP he would actually go train in TDD and as a much better athlete and a natural fighter than MMA has ever seen it would be easier for him to pick up the basics of a sprawl than to the average joe (if you don't think so then you are just brain dead) like CC did.

I must also mention that a huge part of fighting is the mental game where Tyson excelled in the early part of his career, he had opponents quaking in fear before the fight even began. GSP is a guy that tapped to punches from Serra and is a safety first kind of guy, i doubt he would take this fight and even if he did he will be mentally fucked before it even starts.

Now if you want to go to the streets (however silly that may be) I would Mike 10 times out of 10, he was actually a street kid and was involved in fights and BITES lol. Good luck to GSP trying to take him down and dry hump him because I see that ending in a chunk of GSP's ear in Mike's mouth.

But go ahead and believe what you want, i mean you guys are the same kids who actually thought Joe Rogan would beat Toney (the guy who made that thread was some fella by the name of Byron Carter with a Hitchens avatar and apparently an "amatuer fighter" who doesn't know what neck muscles have to do with taking a punch and thought Royce would have beat up a prime Tyson) in a fight lol.

He would get KTFO soon as he got in punching range.

Ultimate Fightin' marketing has convinced you kids that TD is some invincible weapon and the Boxer will just stand there like a moron while the other guy shoots in. We are not talking about one gloved way past his prime Art fuckin' Jimmerson or crack addict Melton Bowen in some Gracie marketing scheme but a prime Iron Mike Tyson.

This is besides the fact that if Tyson signed for an MMA fight vs GSP he would actually go train in TDD and as a much better athlete and a natural fighter than MMA has ever seen it would be easier for him to pick up the basics of a sprawl than to the average joe (if you don't think so then you are just brain dead) like CC did.

I must also mention that a huge part of fighting is the mental game where Tyson excelled in the early part of his career, he had opponents quaking in fear before the fight even began. GSP is a guy that tapped to punches from Serra and is a safety first kind of guy, i doubt he would take this fight and even if he did he will be mentally fucked before it even starts.

Now if you want to go to the streets (however silly that may be) I would Mike 10 times out of 10, he was actually a street kid and was involved in fights and BITES lol. Good luck to GSP trying to take him down and dry hump him because I see that ending in a chunk of GSP's ear in Mike's mouth.

But go ahead and believe what you want, i mean you guys are the same kids who actually thought Joe Rogan would beat Toney (the guy who made that thread was some fella by the name of Byron Carter with a Hitchens avatar and apparently an "amatuer fighter" who doesn't know what neck muscles have to do with taking a punch and thought Royce would have beat up a prime Tyson) in a fight lol.

Oh...well fuck me. I'm just a kid so excuse me. I didn't realize you can just go train in stopping takedowns and be ready for George St. Pierre. Of course, that's all GSP's opponents (many of whom were world class wrestlers) do to prepare and it works everytime. :icon_lol:

Now you're talking about taking it to the streets to prove your point? Who sounds like a kid now? Trying to put words in my mouth saying Rogan would beat Toney? WTF are you talking about? That's right, you don't even know. Quit while you're a head because you sound like a fucking idiot.

Mike Tyson would have a much better chance competing in MMA (and would even beat alot of the lower calibur fighters) than any MMA fighter would competing in boxing. But since the topic was a prime Mike Tyson going into the cage against a prime GSP and you can't even consider the fact that Tyson would be taken down and dominated is fucking laughable. You're the one whose bias is blinding you, and YOU can believe whatever you want. We'll all find out what happens with Couture and Toney and I'll come back to bump this thread so I can laugh at your silly ass.

I'm done arguing on the internet.

Interesting you don't think much of Sylvia. The fact is he was a great MMA fighter.
When an MMA HoF is established he'll be in it.

The problem with ultimate fightin' fans is, you guys don't respect the fighters after they lose.
You're probably one of those guys who thinks Fedor is overrated or wasn't that good after he lost to Werdum.

Tim Sylvia, a two-time UFC heavy weight champion. Hes fought for the title 3 times but unfortunatley conceded victory, successfully defended the heavy weight title 3 times and fought for the WAMMA heavy weight title against Fedor Emelianko, who was at the time considered p4p #1 mixed martial artist on the planet. Says it all really.

Some of the big names hes fought are Fedor, couture, Mir, Monson, Noguiera, Rodriguez, Arlovski. Big names even today.

Sylvia was 16-0 in his MMA record before he suffered his 1st loss. Current Champion Brock Lesnar is 5-1.
Both guys 1st loss was to the same dude, Frank Mir.

Tim Sylvia is a "not a great" MMA fighter..
Being Ko'ed violently by Merciless Ray means nothing..

Last edited:
Well if it was an MMA fight, I would 100% put my money on GSP over a prime Mike Tyson. Tyson would spend the whole fight on his back. When it comes to Anderson Silva, Anderson Silva would destroy a prime Mike Tyson in MMA & then also beat the hell out of him in a stand up match. If they made it Muay Thai rules, it would still allow Mike Tyson to use all his tools & the same with Anderson Silva. And Anderson Silva would knock out the prime Mike Tyson in a Muay Thai boxing match.

Boxing has it's place in MMA but it is very over rated. It's important to know boxing but it is just as important to learn dirty boxing like what Randy Couture does to people from his greco clinch. Boxing alone is over rated.

Some reason I think Anderson would get utterly mauled by Tyson. I think that's because his main asset is his striking (which would be completely nullified by Tyson.)

Anderson looks fast in MMA.. he'd look slow against Tyson and anyone who says otherwise is retarded. Tyson was able to throw around five punches in a second. That is something Anderson will never be able to do.

GSP vs Tyson would be interesting in some ways.. but I'd rather pit Tyson up against a light heavy weight in MMA. I think that would be a better comparison. Tyson is a good bit larger than GSP

Interesting you don't think much of Sylvia. The fact is he was a great MMA fighter.
When an MMA HoF is established he'll be in it.

The problem with ultimate fightin' fans is, you guys don't respect the fighters after they lose.
You're probably one of those guys who thinks Fedor is overrated or wasn't that good after he lost to Werdum.

Nah, Silva won't be any any MMA Hall-of-fame. He's not even in the UFC hall-of-fame.

The UFC's heavy weight class has always lagged behind the other weight classes and is only starting to heat up. UFC's acquisition of Pride certainly helped make that weight class interesting - a lot of the new guys like JDS are also making the heavies interesting.

Comparing Silva to Brock is kinda silly imo. Brock would tool him, badly.

GSP would maul any boxer that has ever lived in an MMA bout.

Back