Mike Tyson & Mitch Green Time to Make Peace Brothers

That would be fuckin awesome to see,but I dont think it matters if they do or not. It was really just about Mitch trying to get more money. I dont think Tyson holds any real animosity towards him. If anything the experience made for a great story which he retells alot.

Love that thumbnail on the video though!

Great words of wisdom as always, Tim. I’d love to see you and Mitch on Mike Tyson’s Hotboxin’ podcast or to do a video with them. It is the very competitive and solo nature of the game, almost selfish really, that prevents fighters from unionizing when they should. By the time they realize they should have unionized it is too late, they lost their clout and are over the hill, which is why the legends need to speak up. Mitch is a legend of the game and needs to be taken care of. If Mitch needs anything, a go fund me or anything like that, just let us know —— a lot of these guys have a ton of support out here they may be unaware of.

I hope Mitch is doing good these days. There's rumors that he became a preacher and that this is him in this video but to me it doesn't look or sound like Mitch, it's not him is it?

I hope Mitch is doing good these days. There's rumors that he became a preacher and that this is him in this video but to me it doesn't look or sound like Mitch, it's not him is it?

Both are different persons today. Talking about the boys, who got into a fist fight in a nightclub, making peace isn't even feasible.
Mike has lost the plot over the years, and Mitch obviously far from the eccentric whacko that he used to be.

Not him, saw it awhile ago.

Not him, saw it awhile ago.

It's funny how so many people in the comments buy it though.
Here he is from 15 years ago, and you immediately notice his slurred speech - that dude turned christian has a pretty clean speech though. Not to mention the facial differences.

It's funny how so many people in the comments buy it though.
Here he is from 15 years ago, and you immediately notice his slurred speech - that dude turned christian has a pretty clean speech though. Not to mention the facial differences.

looks nothing like the same guy, guess people like some happy ending or something. Nothing about the christian guy is remotely similar. I know people change as they age but not that drastically.

looks nothing like the same guy, guess people like some happy ending or something. Nothing about the christian guy is remotely similar. I know people change as they age but not that drastically.

Tyson changed pretty drastically though. Became really a weirdo as he got up there in age, when you compare him to his interviews from the 1980s.

Tyson changed pretty drastically though. Became really a weirdo as he got up there in age, when you compare him to his interviews from the 1980s.
he did, but I'd never not recognize him. However, the people I know who changed really drastically, they've always been to prison, that always changes a man one way or another. Takes a lot out of a guy. I knew a guy named sam, went to prison for crack, was mean as hell before he went in and sweet and humble when he got out. I used to tell him this and he didn't believe me.

he did, but I'd never not recognize him. However, the people I know who changed really drastically, they've always been to prison, that always changes a man one way or another. Takes a lot out of a guy. I knew a guy named sam, went to prison for crack, was mean as hell before he went in and sweet and humble when he got out. I used to tell him this and he didn't believe me.

True, they have trouble being functional in society. You've probably seen "The Shawshank Redemption"; even though it's just a movie, Morgan Freeman's character is very realistic.

Mike wasn't in there for a long time though. As dry as it sounds, I truly believe it were all the received punches that did it to him - Holyfield's brain is messed up due to boxing, so why wouldn't boxing have caused Mike serious brain damage too? I always considered both to be equal in strenght & skill, with Holyfield having the advantage in the psychological department.

Last edited:
True, they have trouble being functional in society. You've probably seen "The Shawshank Redemption"; even though it's just a movie, Morgan Freeman's character is very realistic.

Mike wasn't in there for a long time though. As dry as it sounds, I truly believe it were all the received punches that did it to him - Holyfield's brain is mess due to boxing, so why wouldn't boxing have caused Mike serious brain damage too? I always considered both to be equal in strenght & skill, with Holyfield having the advantage in the psychological department.
you don't have to be in there for a long time, especially if you're already not too together upstairs. Depends on the person, my mentor was in a Japanese intern camp for three and a half years and it pretty much broke him, his brothers and sisters were affected but not like that. Rumors that mike went crazy when he was locked in solitary were whispered since he got out. I used to think it didn't bother him but all these years later he started talking about it.

Knew another guy who gave a cop killing relative an escape ride, they killed his relative and sent him to prison for about 7 years, he's been in and out ever since. I did what i could to help but I just couldn't. Now, my best friends cousin is in prison for raping some girl and I won't even think about trying to help him just based off how the last case went. I can't see much of a future for him when he gets out and I tell my best friend the same thing I said above, "only thing I know about prison is you don't come out the way you went in".

you don't have to be in there for a long time, especially if you're already not too together upstairs. Depends on the person, my mentor was in a Japanese intern camp for three and a half years and it pretty much broke him, his brothers and sisters were affected but not like that. Rumors that mike went crazy when he was locked in solitary were whispered since he got out. I used to think it didn't bother him but all these years later he started talking about it.

Knew another guy who gave a cop killing relative an escape ride, they killed his relative and sent him to prison for about 7 years, he's been in and out ever since. I did what i could to help but I just couldn't. Now, my best friends cousin is in prison for raping some girl and I won't even think about trying to help him just based off how the last case went. I can't see much of a future for him when he gets out and I tell my best friend the same thing I said above, "only thing I know about prison is you don't come out the way you went in".

He wasn't mentally in a good place in 1996 and the following years, hence the ear bite or the press conference brawl prior to the Lennox Lewis fight.
But he was no weirdo at that time... He really became more and more eccentric after his retirement from boxing, which makes me think that the damage he took began to kick in after he stopped receiving punches.

edit: Although it already began at a late stage during his active boxing career. Remember "I broke my back. Spinal." ? Lol

He wasn't mentally in a good place in 1996 and the following years, hence the ear bite or the press conference brawl prior to the Lennox Lewis fight.
But he was no weirdo at that time... He really became more and more eccentric after his retirement from boxing, which makes me think that the damage he took began to kick in after he stopped receiving punches.

edit: Although it already began at a late stage during his active boxing career. Remember "I broke my back. Spinal." ? Lol
i remember it all, he does seem like a totally different person than the young champion who everyone expected to be his generations great heavyweight. His emotional issues, I don't really know what to put that on, could be the damage, could be the lifestyle he led. That sort of fame warps just about everyone in some way or other.

i remember it all, he does seem like a totally different person than the young champion who everyone expected to be his generations great heavyweight. His emotional issues, I don't really know what to put that on, could be the damage, could be the lifestyle he led. That sort of fame warps just about everyone in some way or other.

A broken home, no education, probably never knew who he is. And people always saying "Cus here, Cus there"... the old man also used him for his own goals, much like Kevin Rooney.
I know I wouldn't want my son to become a prize fighter.

A broken home, no education, probably never knew who he is. And people always saying "Cus here, Cus there"... the old man also used him for his own goals, much like Kevin Rooney.
I know I wouldn't want my son to become a prize fighter.
they all did, with varying degrees of what they wanted for Mike. None of them were pure, not even Cus but he was probably the most honorable of them all. I don't necessarily think Mike would have stayed with Cus had he lived, he says that but saying it doesn't mean anything. And.., it must have been very fucking difficult being a piece of shit ghetto dweller one day and being catered to by all those white guys the next, that had to be tough on Mike. I've been in similar situations, of course, much smaller in scale and I just really never put my faith in those types of assholes and I paid for it. Mike did put his faith in them and he paid for that. We all make choices. We all have failings too, even Ali had a co-dependent need for what wilfed sheed labeled, "an insatiable need for daddy's". The Louisville sponsoring group, comprised of rich white kentuckians, never could fully earn young Cassius' trust and the criminal minded muslims were definitely not any better and they exploited the suspicion (just like Don King later did with Mike). Even Malcolm, a guy with at least some integrity, tried to use Clay as a vehicle back into the FOI's good graces. Ali was strong mentally though and he came through it all and became great, Mike didn't.

they all did, with varying degrees of what they wanted for Mike. None of them were pure, not even Cus but he was probably the most honorable of them all. I don't necessarily think Mike would have stayed with Cus had he lived, he says that but saying it doesn't mean anything. And.., it must have been very fucking difficult being a piece of shit ghetto dweller one day and being catered to by all those white guys the next, that had to be tough on Mike. I've been in similar situations, of course, much smaller in scale and I just really never put my faith in those types of assholes and I paid for it. Mike did put his faith in them and he paid for that. We all make choices. We all have failings too, even Ali had a co-dependent need for what wilfed sheed labeled, "an insatiable need for daddy's". The Louisville sponsoring group, comprised of rich white kentuckians, never could fully earn young Cassius' trust and the criminal minded muslims were definitely not any better and they exploited the suspicion (just like Don King later did with Mike). Even Malcolm, a guy with at least some integrity, tried to use Clay as a vehicle back into the FOI's good graces. Ali was strong mentally though and he came through it all and became great, Mike didn't.

Alexis Arguello also lived a pretty hard life early on, maybe much worse than Tyson. But him being 100 pounds lighter and having competed in lighter weight classes, he didn't take the same punches as Mike.

Last edited:
Just my two cents here guys but I think a big part of Mike's personality was him essentially being a child star. He was before my time, but from what I can tell Mike was being raved about since he was an early/mid teen. I think all those ppl who get super famous before they're even full grown adults, it has a lot of ill effects on their young and impressionable minds.

Also nowadays I think Tyson is probably in the best position possible for himself. He's kinda checked out and he's perpetually fucked up, but he's only getting stoned and using hallucination type shit. But imo as long as he's happy and not being tormented mentally or hurting anyone, including himself, then I'm glad for him in a way. He could've ended things a lot earlier and a lot dirtier if shit went down differently.

Tyson is a super interesting human being, no doubt, tho.

Alexis Arguello also lived a pretty hard life early on, maybe much worse than Tyson. But him being 100 lighter and having competed in lighter weight classes, he didn't take the same punches as Mike.
boxing is full of hardluck stories, always has been. Alexis had some vicious wars, and of course the smaller men don't hit as hard as the giants, they still end up damaged. I thought, and i've said it before, that even when i was 13, i instinctively knew that Alexis wasn't the same guy right after the Pryor fight, I remember thinking he sounded different and that he'd have less to win with in the rematch. His death was slightly before CTE ideas took root but his suicide looks like many of the suicides by wrestlers and football players, only he hid his pain fairly well.

Back