Media Mike Tyson Career Recap

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
You can watch the King s full career in 1 hour 16 minutes

Tell me please where timeframe after he changed coaches starts? I mean time in video.

Rummy’s Corner is an excellent boxing channel.

I have watched many videos on that channel and enjoy them. He knows his stuff.

I particularly enjoyed his “History of 1990s HW boxing” video and his “Top 5 Notable Wins” series.

Great stuff that I would expect most boxing fans to enjoy.

Last edited:
Boxingforum24 says hi

Yea it's a great channel

Rummy’s Corner is an excellent boxing channel.

I have watched many videos on that channel and enjoy them. He knows his stuff.

I particularly enjoyed his “History of 1990s HW boxing” video and his “Top 5 Notable Wins” series.

Great stuff that I would expect most boxing fans to enjoy.
And he thinks Ruiz is taking out AJ again.

And he thinks Ruiz is taking out AJ again.
I take it you don’t agree?
(I could be wrong here, please correct me if I am)

The element of surprise is gone, but Ruiz is no joke: he has been boxing since he was 5, had a solid amateur career and would be undefeated if it wasn’t for a very close split dec in a title fight.

Joshua had terrible head movement in the first fight and didn’t show a lot of will to overcome adversity, once Ruiz had him hurt he looked lost. Plus Joshua doesn’t seem particularly convinced that he even believes in himself in his recent interviews.

I believe it was Marvin Hagler who said “It is tough to get out of bed to do road work in the morning whenever you are sleeping in silk sheets.”

Is Joshua still hungry enough to make improvements in his game? He obviously has height, reach and strength on his size, I think Ruiz has speed and possibly better overall technique and reflexes.

Personally I think this is a 50/50 fight. If Joshua took 2 fights to really improve himself and he looked like a killer, then I would favor him, but an instant rematch where he seems to think Ruiz got lucky and he can win by doing the same things he did when he lost...

If Joshua comes in lighter (he seems like he might) that would be a smart decision on his part. There are things he could do to make this fight a slam dunk, but I’m not convinced he is doing that.

I take it you don’t agree?
(I could be wrong here, please correct me if I am)

The element of surprise is gone, but Ruiz is no joke: he has been boxing since he was 5, had a solid amateur career and would be undefeated if it wasn’t for a very close split dec in a title fight.

Joshua had terrible head movement in the first fight and didn’t show a lot of will to overcome adversity, once Ruiz had him hurt he looked lost. Plus Joshua doesn’t seem particularly convinced that he even believes in himself in his recent interviews.

I believe it was Marvin Hagler who said “It is tough to get out of bed to do road work in the morning whenever you are sleeping in silk sheets.”

Is Joshua still hungry enough to make improvements in his game? He obviously has height, reach and strength on his size, I think Ruiz has speed and possibly better overall technique and reflexes.

Personally I think this is a 50/50 fight. If Joshua took 2 fights to really improve himself and he looked like a killer, then I would favor him, but an instant rematch where he seems to think Ruiz got lucky and he can win by doing the same things he did when he lost...

If Joshua comes in lighter (he seems like he might) that would be a smart decision on his part. There are things he could do to make this fight a slam dunk, but I’m not convinced he is doing that.
No, I'm favouring Ruiz also, its time for Joshua to prove he belongs amongst the elite.

No, I'm favouring Ruiz also, its time for Joshua to prove he belongs amongst the elite.
Gotcha.

It’s an interesting situation. Joshua went from being “the guy” to being in a situation where he will lose a ton of credibility if he doesn’t pull off redemption.

I hope we get a clear picture of the top of the HW division this year. Ideally like this:

Ruiz (c) vs Joshua
Wilder (c) vs Fury (Lc)

Winners unify in summer.

I tend to think the winner of Wilder vs Fury beats the winner of Ruiz vs Joshua. Joshua has defensive holes (lack of head movement) and Ruiz is too small for Wilder or Fury imo.

1*UNS4lG2pOpNdHbLJVAm8jA@2x.gif

1*9YC1_WFildg_77jOjc9wxg@2x.gif

FrigidShamefulIrishterrier-size_restricted.gif

Back