Media Mike Tyson - "All The Money is Going to Various Charities"

Wreckless

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Good guy Mike

"All the money is going to various charities so nobody has to worry about me being rich, being jealous or saying i'm doing this for money. I'm not getting anything and I feel good doing it because I can."

1:14

At the start of the interview he was asked how this fight came about.

He says "At one time I was 90 pounds overweight, I was doing cocaine, drinking and I was tired of being this way so I changed my whole life. I got married, my life started to change and I started working out. So my brother said 'hey listen, I know you don't want to fight, but would you want to fight Bob Sapp?'

He goes on to say that at first he said no but then changed his mind. Bob Sapp is a big guy but he said if it's under boxing rules he could handle it.

But for some reason that didn't work out, so he got offered a couple other guys and finally Roy Jones Jr ended up being the guy.

Fk I hope it’s only a small portion.
At least let it be he’s making money off the residuals like tickets, concessions, pre / post shows etc etc.
He needs the money and finally a mature Tyson can actually keep the money he earns for himself and his kids.

He deserves it.

Good guy Mike

"All the money is going to various charities so nobody has to worry about me being rich, being jealous or saying i'm doing this for money. I'm not getting anything and I feel good doing it because I can."

1:14

At the start of the interview he was asked how this fight came about.

He says "At one time I was 90 pounds overweight, I was doing cocaine, drinking and I was tired of being this way so I changed my whole life. I got married, my life started to change and I started working out. So my brother said 'hey listen, I know you don't want to fight, but would you want to fight Bob Sapp?'

He goes on to say that at first he said no but then changed his mind. Bob Sapp is a big guy but he said if it's under boxing rules he could handle it.

But for some reason that didn't work out, so he got offered a couple other guys and finally Roy Jones Jr ended up being the guy.

Sapp would never pass a PED test and if he’s not on them who knows how bad he looks ? Sapps chin makes Wilders look like a steel plate . It wouldn’t go past one round . Tyson was going to fight Sapp in K1 years ago in Japan but he couldn’t get in the country which also would end bad for Sapp in a proposed kick boxing match set up under the MMA event without grappling.

Fk I hope it’s only a small portion.
At least let it be he’s making money off the residuals like tickets, concessions, pre / post shows etc etc.
He needs the money and finally a mature Tyson can actually keep the money he earns for himself and his kids.

He deserves it.
I agree, he deserves it but he seems to be doing fine now with his ranch/weed brand and his podcast.

He probably would have decided to keep the money if he really needed it.

Back