Mike Pierce vs. Ryan LaFlare added to TUF 22 Finale

Decent matchup, dont expect it to be a good fight but solid matchmaking.

also Lauzon/Dunham on this card.

I would be more excited if he tried lightweight, it's not like he's a shredded individual.

I'd rather hear Mike Pierce talk about why he had such a long layoff.

Nice to see him back, a bit late to make a run for the title I think.

I don't like Pierce but feel his style will give LaFlare big problems. Pierce, UD.

Tough comeback fight for Pierce, but I think he will pull it off.

You never know, Mike Pierce Vs Aaron Simpson ended up being pretty fun.

Pierce was out for so long that Palhares had the time be fired from the UFC, become the WSOF champ, defend his title twice and get stripped.

Glad Pierce is back.

Awful how he hasn't been able to make a living for so long because of a psychotic palhares.

My soul rejoices at this news. At the same time shouldn't they be matching vets against young prospects instead?

Never thought much of laflare. If pierce shows up unchanged (which, admittedly, is unlikely) he should win

First Court McGee and now Mike Pierce. Could the next fight announcement be the return of Claude Patrick?

I hesitate to say wrestle-boxers are boring because a lot of them are awesome, but Pierce is not one of them. I've seen enough of his fights to not miss them. I hope he proves me wrong but I can't handle another fight with Goldie saying how he likes to grind opponents down with wall and stall.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one. The guy has KO power, excellent wrestling, surprising cardio for a chubby guy and he has awesome GnP to boot. He made a Fitch fight fun back when Jon was in full-on Fitch mode, beat Koscheck and got gypped, sparked Simpson, beat the crap out of Rocha (who was coming off a very impressive performance against prime Ellenberger), and hung on after gassing ridiculously against Baczynski (that third round was a helluva lot of fun to watch).

I find him to be an entertaining fighter because I enjoy watching fighters in any combat sport break their opponents down and then finish them, or at least finish the fight convincingly. Pierce does that.

I can see why you're not a fan of his; his style doesn't appeal to you. That's alright. Neither one of us is wrong.

[YT]fjgmNBJZLiI[/YT]

Back