Mike Perry Might Actually Be Smart

a6aec3bb2a800686e8d4cb3da26aa723.gif
Hisenberg did little bit too much of his own product.

I think it was Firas that told George to hit him with his groin...and I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it literally..

Mike Perry is making short term career sacrifices to hoard as much money as possible to pay off a tax debt of his own making... Brilliant!

Even if your point is true, what you’re actually arguing is that a stopped clock is right twice a day. The guy who goes around licking subway handrails is still an idiot even if he manages to develop an immunity to one virus.

I dont Even think perrys mama has ever called him smart.

Im not bashing, mikes one of my favorite fighters, but dudes just not blessed in the head

The took a lot of criticism on here and everywhere else for trying to action off his corner seats for his fight, but that might be pure genius. Think about it.

When the UFC has the corner mics on between rounds, most of the advice the corner give is completely stupid. Usually they're telling the fighter they won the round even when they didn't or when it could go either way. Remember Edmund telling Ronda Rousey, "Beautiful, Champ," while she was being made to look like an amateur against Holly Holm?

When they do give actual strategy advice, the fighters never follow it. For example, in one of GSP's fights, master cornerman Greg Jackson was telling GSP "Hit him with your groin!" Did GSP hit him with his groin? No he did not. And that's just one of hundreds of examples. Case in point: cornermen are pretty worthless.

So it seems that Mike Perry has been the only one to identify this, and not only that, but he's the first one to come up with the idea of turning it into cash. He may be the smartest man in MMA.
Pretty sure hundreds of other fighters disagree with this. Different people, different levels of cognition. You hear a lot of valuable corner advice, some that even lets filthy casuals like myself understand a little bit of fight strategy or tactic.
In fact, Perry's sweeping dismissal of the value of a sound corner may actually be indicative of an inability to comprehend instructions on the fly. Ergo, he might just be too dumb to listen.
<{hughesimpress}>

Is he going to impregnate all his corner people
Or was that a one time thing?

The took a lot of criticism on here and everywhere else for trying to action off his corner seats for his fight, but that might be pure genius. Think about it.

When the UFC has the corner mics on between rounds, most of the advice the corner give is completely stupid. Usually they're telling the fighter they won the round even when they didn't or when it could go either way. Remember Edmund telling Ronda Rousey, "Beautiful, Champ," while she was being made to look like an amateur against Holly Holm?

When they do give actual strategy advice, the fighters never follow it. For example, in one of GSP's fights, master cornerman Greg Jackson was telling GSP "Hit him with your groin!" Did GSP hit him with his groin? No he did not. And that's just one of hundreds of examples. Case in point: cornermen are pretty worthless.

So it seems that Mike Perry has been the only one to identify this, and not only that, but he's the first one to come up with the idea of turning it into cash. He may be the smartest man in MMA.
Didn't he have a blond sister or something?

He's a lot of things but I don't think smart is among them. It was a good idea for publicity though.

Mike Perry and implying he is smart should never be said.

I think he'd even agree with that.

Perry is at least as smart as like 70% of sherdog users....most people here just see a reflection of themselves without the fighting acumen and are jealous.

I'm waiting on Mike and Ronda to do a buddy action/comedy movie in which they save the world. Mike is a genius that works as a janitor at Harvard because he was smarter than everyone else and couldn't finish his degree due to jealous professors. Ronda is a special ed teacher that specializes in teaching hygiene, personal appearance, and managing anger. Will they be able to disarm the most sophisticate suitcase nuke in history? Will his expertise in the janitorial arts help him stop the terrorist's chemical weapon? Will her expertise in fashion allow him to infiltrate the bad guy's hideout as a woman?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back