Mighty Mouse

My point is that all of those guys have losses against less then seller competition. Not only will they not be marketable competitors but that really don't have a shot against mighty mouse. And I don't think any of those three make it pass the upper end of 125 I. E Formiga, Mackovsky, Reis, Joe B, McCall

I still stand by that there's 4 guys, and you just gave Mackovsky as a 5th, that have a chance of facing Demetrious after Dodson, then maybe Cejudo or Formiga.

That's
- Paddy Holohan
- Louis Smolka
- Ray Borg
- Zach Makovsky
- Ian McCall

None of them have to face Benavidez or Dodson, just take 4, put in a unofficial tournament, and give the winner a shot at Mighty Mouse. You're worst case scenario is Louis Smolka on a 4 fight win streak

Justin Scoggins hasn't been mentioned and he's 10x the prospect that Paddy Holohan is.

Justin Scoggins is realistically a top 5-7 flyweight right now. He should have gotten the nod over Ortiz and was clearly the better fighter than Moraga before handing him his neck on a silver platter. Those losses set him back but he's still a legit contender in the division.

scogginssampo.gif

Well, I do want to see the two fights you mentioned, especially the Cejudo fight. After that I'd be okay with him moving up unless some really good prospect emerges.

I also want to see MM vs Rousey in my fantasy world. My brother and I have talked about would the 10lb weight advantage for Rousey equalize their strength somewhat, or would it take more of a handicap than that?

I'm very interested in the Cejudo fight after that there isn't much left. Nothing at BW intrigues me until Cruz comes back. By then if Dillashaw beat Cruz and DJ wins his next two. Id say a super fight was in order.

Ronda and DJ probably weigh close to the same amount on fight night. Ronda may have a couple pounds in the cage but it wouldn't be 10.

Justin Scoggins is realistically a top 5-7 flyweight right now. He should have gotten the nod over Ortiz and was clearly the better fighter than Moraga before handing him his neck on a silver platter. Those losses set him back but he's still a legit contender in the division.

scogginssampo.gif

Yeah Justin got the exact opposite of the PVZ treatment. I think his loss to Moraga will help him in the long run tho

Ronda and DJ probably weigh close to the same amount on fight night. Ronda may have a couple pounds in the cage but it wouldn't be 10.

I've read DJ cuts from 142, unless he's gotten bigger. He's a small FLW it could potentially be 10, other FLWs like Dodson, Benavidez, or McCall can come in at around Ronda's size though.

scogginssampo.gif

I love Justin Scoggins. Glad people are giving him his due.

Borg took that fight on two weeks notice and won according to the majority.

h.jpg

I remember thinking Borg won but I didn't realize others did to.

Not to take anything away from Dustin Ortiz. He's another good fighter, but he's had a lot of close decisions.

I've read DJ cuts from 142, unless he's gotten bigger. He's a small FLW it could potentially be 10, other FLWs like Dodson, Benavidez, or McCall can come in at around Ronda's size though.

There was a gif or video of DJ floating around SD. I believe it was during a fight week showing him weighing in at around 149. I could be wrong or off on the specifics and don't have time or the desire to find it.

If that's the case he has gotten bigger, back in the days when he fought McCall, Ian was said to come into the cage at 150 and it was widely known he had a significant size advantage.

And if that's so TJ wouldn't have much of a weight advantage over Ubermouse either.

Mighty Mouse posted a pic of his weight on twitter when he wasn't in a full training camp and he was walking at 143 or 144 I believe.

He's an average sized flyweight, a lot of guys have the size advantage over him there.

If that's the case he has gotten bigger, back in the days when he fought McCall, Ian was said to come into the cage at 150 and it was widely known he had a significant size advantage.

And if that's so TJ wouldn't have much of a weight advantage over Ubermouse either.

I am certainly wrong then. The video must have been DJ weighing 139 then. I know I had seen Mcall say that he was 150 I probably just assumed DJ was similar in weight as well.

Back