Midnight Snacks?

-V-MuayThai-V-

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't fall asleep and hunger's starting to settle in. I know you're not supposed to eat a lot of carbs before bed so I was wondering, what are some foods that are OK to eat as a midnight snack or right before going to bed?

Also, would eating a lot of carbs contribute to difficulty to falling asleep?

Sorry if it's already been done but I couldn't even think of what to search for.

if you can't sleep for hunger then you better eat somthing! anything! in that kind of state your sleep will mostly be wasted.

It's not because of hunger, But i've been trying to fall asleep for so long that i'm starting to get hungry.

if carbs are bad (which in a way, by themselves, in a shitty form such as chips, then they are), eat something that isn't carbs. such as cottage cheese, or plain yogurt. flavoured yogurt usually has a ton of sugar in it. eat some meat, like turkey pepperoni or fish (tuna). eating a low glycemic carb like an apple or an orange is okay as well. or brocolli. but nobody wants to eat brocolli at 2am.

such as cottage cheese, or plain yogurt. flavoured yogurt usually has a ton of sugar in it.

Best option here. The Casein will be used instead of glycogen to feed the muscles while you sleep. Typically.

King Kabuki said:
Best option here. The Casein will be used instead of glycogen to feed the muscles while you sleep. Typically.

All good. I'm a midnight snacker too sometimes as I stay up pretty late also.
Some of my choices at that time are:

-Just like King said, I eat some cottage cheese. Maybe 1 cup worth.
-or 1/4cup peanuts.
-Sometimes a small bowl of bran flakes w/milk or an apple.
-Or a salad, as large as I want it, but with very little dressing. Very filling, almost nil for calories.

I have the same problem since I started the Carnal Salvation Diet and Exercise plan, I usually down a protein shake or eat a small bowl of pasta.

I eat like trail mix or some cottage cheese. I used to always eat toast or pasta or something and that was no good.

Almonds I agree with.

Drink some fiber and be ready for morning.

Drink some fiber and be ready for morning.

lol Yeah. You may not want to wear pants or underpants...they might just get soiled on your way to the can. In-fact, you may want to sleep next to the can.

I'll grab about a 1/4 cup (10-15ish) almonds as a night snack. I get the lower salt ones. Probably still to much salt, but alot of times "salty" is what I'm craving and it'll do the job with something that is atleast probably sort of good for me.

Bad Answer but true somedays: A big cup of chocolate milk will put me out like a coma victim.

(forget the bad answer....ugg....had some Chocolate milk just now, after not buying it for about a month ....I feel like I'm gonna puke....should regain consciousness in twelve hours.....)

Some cottage cheese and hot green tea for me. For some reason, hot green tea helps me go to sleep instead of keeping me up (I know, a paradoxical effect).

Back