Midnight Run-1988

DaleBoca

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
MPW-57990

Anybody else a fan of this movie? It is underrated, IMO. The chemistry between De Niro and Grodin was fantastic as their dialogue by just sitting and talking made the movie really work.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie.

I love Midnight Run. That shit is fucking hilarious!
"You're a pilot, too, you son-of-a-bitch?"

MPW-57990

Anybody else a fan of this movie? It is underrated, IMO. The chemistry between De Niro and Grodin was fantastic as their dialogue by just sitting and talking made the movie really work.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie.

Fantastic movie in its original format,seem to recall a TV version that lost a lot of the bad language,really hurt the movie.

I love this movie. I randomly caught it on HBO years ago and just loved it ever since.

Everything worked, every character was just well-casted and memorable in their role even the minor ones: Maurice, Capt. Alonzo, Dennis Farina, and the steak dude from The Matrix as the bail bonds company owner.

One of my favorite movies, can watch it any time. It's funny, heartfelt, fun, has thrills, and all the actors knock it out of the park. The score is also amazing. Doesn't sound like your typical Danny Elfman score, but man it sticks in your head.

Martin Brest had a great run with his first three films with Beverly Hills Cop, Midnight Run and Scent of a Woman. Never saw Meet Joe Black, but it seems like a departure, and of course Gigli is despised.

One of Bob's best for sure. He should've stuck to this type of more subtle comedy instead of the garbage he's appeared in over recent years.

Martin Brest had a great run with his first three films with Beverly Hills Cop, Midnight Run and Scent of a Woman. Never saw Meet Joe Black, but it seems like a departure, and of course Gigli is despised.

Those weren't his first three films. Going in Style (before Beverly Hills Cop) was very good. Meet Joe Black is quite underrated.

Saw this in theater as a lad with my parents. Loved it as a youngster and just rewatched. Still love it. Pacing and writing are perfect.
Dinero is charming and dangerous and Grodin is goofy and loveable. Just wonderful.

Was said already but all of the characters work really well.

The other night I watched The Heartbreak Kid with Grodin and wow what a great movie. A lot better than that shitty version that came out with Ben Stiller. That is also worth a watch.

Ill have to rewatch this cuz im curious why that above clip is someones "favorite." Hardly anything happened.

Ill have to rewatch this cuz im curious why that above clip is someones "favorite." Hardly anything happened.
It is the dialogue in the movie that makes it a favorite. It is a wonderful story.

WAR Taggert

Top 5 all time comedy

They don’t even try to make movies this good anymore.

Back