Midlands on TV

PolishHeadlock

Putin Belt
Banned
Reaction score
For those interested the Midlands is arguably the toughest college tournament outside of the NCAA championships and there have been many years where some weight classes were harder than NCAA's because redshirts and post grads will compete.

Well if you have the Big 10 channel there is going to be some small coverage on Monday at midnight. I got my DVR set so this is a heads up for the wrestling junkies on SD

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...12-13/misc_non_event/2012MidlandsBrackets.pdf

http://www.nusports.com/sports/midlands/nw-midlands-body.html#

http://themat.com/section.php?section_id=3&page=showarticle&ArticleID=25866

nice. i just got back from the sierra nevada classic in reno. it was like a regional tournament. 64 man brackets.

Thanks. Just set the DVR. BTN has some pretty good college wrestling coverage. Ohio State at Iowa is also on BTN Friday at 7:00 PM Central.

nice. i just got back from the sierra nevada classic in reno. it was like a regional tournament. 64 man brackets.

Is that the Reno Tournament of Champions

Thanks. Just set the DVR. BTN has some pretty good college wrestling coverage. Ohio State at Iowa is also on BTN Friday at 7:00 PM Central.

Yeah Big 10 channel as a lot of good stuff over the year.

FYI, Southern Scuffle is probably alot tougher this year than the Midlands.

And no, Sierra Nevada is not Reno TOC, different tournaments same venue.

FYI, Southern Scuffle is probably alot tougher this year than the Midlands.

And no, Sierra Nevada is not Reno TOC, different tournaments same venue.

Alot tougher?

No it is tougher in a couple of weight classes like 165 but these tournaments are pretty even overall.

Midlands has Hudson Taylor, Montel Marion and Daniel Dennis competing.

Is that the Reno Tournament of Champions

I don't know, but there were teams from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, and Nevada. I made it to the second day of the tournament but I was late to the second day weigh ins so they scratched me from the bracket.

I don't know, but there were teams from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, and Nevada. I made it to the second day of the tournament but I was late to the second day weigh ins so they scratched me from the bracket.

Dude that fucking sucks.

How did that happen?

Dude that fucking sucks.

How did that happen?

I know. My coach wanted the whole team to travel together and one of our groups (we had 3 rooms with 3 groups) woke up late at the hotel and were not ready to go. It sucks, but now we will just have the second day qualifiers go to weigh ins without the team so they aren't late.

I know. My coach wanted the whole team to travel together and one of our groups (we had 3 rooms with 3 groups) woke up late at the hotel and were not ready to go. It sucks, but now we will just have the second day qualifiers go to weigh ins without the team so they aren't late.

Yeah that is fucking retarded by your coach.

I knew a kid you clinched medal at states in PA but his coach overslept for weigh ins in the last day when they were wrestling for medals and he missed weigh ins because of it. He was DQed from the tournament and didn't get a medal. They only awarded 8 for his weightclass because of it.

Alot tougher?

No it is tougher in a couple of weight classes like 165 but these tournaments are pretty even overall.

Midlands has Hudson Taylor, Montel Marion and Daniel Dennis competing.

Would have been nice if Iowa sent their full team there. Might have seen a Graff vs RAH-mos match.

Would have been nice if Iowa sent their full team there. Might have seen a Graff vs RAH-mos match.

Yeah I was surprised the didn't.

Thier backup 125lber Clark is stud though. He beat Delgado earlier in the year and had some nice win at Midlands too.

Kilgore looking good and powerful!! Can't wait to see him in freestyle after he graduates.He could give Varner a run for it in a couple of years if Varner stays in freestyle ,Which I hope He does...

Kilgore looking good and powerful!! Can't wait to see him in freestyle after he graduates.He could give Varner a run for it in a couple of years if Varner stays in freestyle ,Which I hope He does...

Kilgore had a solid year in freestyle during his redshirt.

I think he has the potential to medal also.

The Magno kid from Stanford hit a HUGE throw...

Look for Chad Hanke to make at least a World Team once.

Yeah I was surprised the didn't.

Thier backup 125lber Clark is stud though. He beat Delgado earlier in the year and had some nice win at Midlands too.

McDonough got a reversal with five seconds left to beat Clark by one in the wrestle offs a few weeks ago. Clark is really tough.

Look for Chad Hanke to make at least a World Team once.
I think He might,Is He going to stay at Hw?Nelson looks to be up and coming HW,Just needs a little more size which is coming.I think Dlagnev has some competition coming.

McDonough got a reversal with five seconds left to beat Clark by one in the wrestle offs a few weeks ago. Clark is really tough.

I saw that but didn't think much of it. Just figured they wrestled all the time in the room and Clark knew how to wrestle him close. When he beat Delgado like he did I knew he was a legit AA threat this year if he was on another team

Back