middlewieght perspective

aModerateThreat

Brown Belt
Reaction score
so if silva gets a shot off of diaz, he will be getting a shot of someone that has lost his last two fights as well as someone who hasnt won a fight since 2011. add to that that last win from 2011 was over a washed up bj penn.
past all this he will also be 1 and 3 in his last three fights.

i know it is all about how you frame it and he is considered goat but it still seems weird to me.

Silva lost the second fight ONLY due to breaking his leg! Why people talk as if he's washed up is CRAZY! Weidman is a bad matchup for Silva. That simple! Silva get's ko'd once by Weidman (bad matchup), how does that translate into Silva being washed up???

I will agree a win over Diaz means very little. Rockhold, Romero, Souza, and even Machida with a win over Rockhold are all worthy of title shots. I would have liked to see Silva face one of these guys before given a Title sholt.

so if silva gets a shot off of diaz, he will be getting a shot of someone that has lost his last two fights as well as someone who hasnt won a fight since 2011. add to that that last win from 2011 was over a washed up bj penn.
past all this he will also be 1 and 3 in his last three fights.

i know it is all about how you frame it and he is considered goat but it still seems weird to me.

I think you forgot what you wrote. You mentioned "Anderson Silva". BillyGOAT. Gruff.

The only reason he didn't get an immediate rematch, as the best ever in the division and perhaps out of it, is because he wanted a tune up fight to test his progress returning from a severe injury.

If he wanted the rematch right away, I would have given it to him no matter what Sherdog said. As it is, we decided to let him kick Nick around a bit first to test his shin. And you have the nerve?

Dana's claims of x will get title fight with win over y mean very little at this point, but Silva himself has said that he doesn't want to cut Jacare in line. So if both Jacare and Silva win, I'll be interested to see what happens.

gee, people sure do worry a lot.

title fights are quite often not #1 v #2, for a variety of reasons why. enjoy em anyway.

Silva lost the second fight ONLY due to breaking his leg! Why people talk as if he's washed up is CRAZY! Weidman is a bad matchup for Silva. That simple! Silva get's ko'd once by Weidman (bad matchup), how does that translate into Silva being washed up???

I will agree a win over Diaz means very little. Rockhold, Romero, Souza, and even Machida with a win over Rockhold are all worthy of title shots. I would have liked to see Silva face one of these guys before given a Title sholt.

chuck turned into a can overnight, and i think this may be what happened to silva as well

Back