Middlekick orthodox vs orthodox

nino

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Why don't you see the right middlekick so much with a orthodox facing a orthodox?

because most thais are southpaw.
Yeah but when fighters like sittichai, yod, petro fight orthodox fighters they throw that left kick a lot more than in southpaw vs southpaw

Yeah but when fighters like sittichai, yod, petro fight orthodox fighters they throw that left kick a lot more than in southpaw vs southpaw

It's because of the position of the liver

Thank you but they always aim on the arm?

Kicking the arm in muay thai is a valid technique, because unlike kick boxers, muay thai fighters recognise that a kick to the arm hurts.

So they will wear the arm down and then cut in with a kick to the body

I don't know if their is an exact answer or if what you are saying is statistically accurate, but from my experiences it's always easier to throw to the open side of somebodies body. Easier to land and generally harder for them to catch on that side.

For Southpaw vs Orthodox strikes off of the rear side line up better and have more space while your lead side is closer together. Jabs can get cramped depending on distancing that's why you see a lot of lead hooks and crosses from Southpaws.

There is always exceptions to everything in fighting though.

harder to see and block the kick coming into your back leg.

A lot of the hard kicking thais won't switch that much and will just go for the rear leg body kick in a closed stance match up.

It's never stopped me.

Back