Relationship Microwave Frozen Pizzas: Food From Heaven or Filth From Hell?

Microwaved pizza is just round flatbread or as someone else put it, oversized bagel bites.

Frozen pizza in the oven is no Sin though.

Does Dr. Oetker count as microwavable pizza?

They have a line of "restaurante" pizzas that are actually pretty good - arguably better than most major pizza chains.

If it is a pizza that has to be nuked in a conventional microwave, Lean Cuisine made a pizza that was really good, but I haven't seen it in years.

The package came with a reflective metal lid that would actually make the pizza crunchy instead of soggy. It was pretty innovative actually.

If

Its barely edible food.

I guess if you are poor and starving itll get ya by,but that shit is like soggy cardboard with cheese on it

If you're stuck with microwave pizza, trick is to cook it 30 seconds less than recommended time then finish it off in a pan with olive oil. Crisps the crust up nicely

I remember the French bread ones that cooked in a sleeve weren't bad.

Do whatever it takes and get a convection toaster oven. Never have soggy shit pizza again. Actually anything that should be crispy toaster oven that shit, unless you like soggy foodstuffs:confused:

Reactions: Zer
I think I'm going to get one these at Walmart tomorrow:
4b388a03-9048-4965-b8c0-2935963ad967_1.3813f2a9e5653c3c2bcc2b83410b1f98.jpeg

From the packaging, you can tell that they really don't give a fuck what you think. This makes it compelling for me. Also, they are only $1. To make things interesting, I'm going to fund it with what I find in the couch cushions.
Please provide us with an update. I'll probably get some too

Does Dr. Oetker count as microwavable pizza?

They have a line of "restaurante" pizzas that are actually pretty good - arguably better than most major pizza chains.

If it is a pizza that has to be nuked in a conventional microwave, Lean Cuisine made a pizza that was really good, but I haven't seen it in years.

The package came with a reflective metal lid that would actually make the pizza crunchy instead of soggy. It was pretty innovative actually.

If
Dr. Oetker is the bomb. And yep those Lean Cuisine french bread pizzas are great even in the microwave.

I grew up on totino's and they are excellent

I wouldn't bother putting any frozen pizza in the microwave. I'm either going to use my oven or I'm going to find almost anything else to eat.

I'd eat a cold cheese sandwich with mustard before even entertaining the idea of using a microwave for a frozen pizza.

I was watching American Hustle last night, Jennifer Lawrences character was saying, “it takes all the nutrients out the food”

I know frozen microwave pizza is nasty but for me growing up it was like, some sort of luxury item that I'd get when I wasn't being punished, which was most of the time. It was a big step up from the staples in my diet like top ramen and those 25 cent frozen burritos, Tinas.

So everyonce in a while I crave them. The mama celeste and the totinos ones I'm not sure which one and it's been a few years but I think I'm going to grab a mama celeste. I think its the one I'm craving. I throw em in the toaster oven.
There's something about them that floods me with positive memories and they have that disgustingly satisfied quality for a few days untill I'm completely done with them for a few years.

You can sometimes get frozen pizza that is decent, but you've got to put it in the oven, not the microwave.

I dont own a microwave. Actually dont even know why i would need one. Doesnt a oven do the trick but better?

Also no at microwave pizza some things should be just a theory and shouldnt get much further but here we are.

I remember the French bread ones that cooked in a sleeve weren't bad.
there was a while while I was on night shift I was always so run down from the night shift, the job its self, and depression where I just simply could not be fucked to ever get groceries. so for about 3 months every night at 4-5 am I would stop at the same gas station on the way home. they always had those and I was shocked at how legitimately good they were. throw some hot sauce on those fuckers and its a solid meal.

I had those probably 5 or 6 nights a week. when I didn't it would either be ramen or microwavable mac and cheese they also had.

img-products-single-french-bread-pepperoni_703.jpg

I'd rather swallow a bullet than eat that shit in OPs post tho

Frozen pizza goes in the oven, not the microwave.

Oh yeah.... and I always find it tastes better if you just buy frozen crust then use like jarred pizza or marinara sauce and kind of "make" your own. Better control over amount of toppings and topping placement.

Back