Michael Venom Page vs. Uriah Hall

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by timkerrison, May 22, 2014.

1. timkerrison

timkerrison Frank43DivChamp2017

Who would win this hypothetical fight? I'd pick Uriah having fought higher caliber guys at a higher level, but definitely a fight i think a lot of mma fans would love to see at some point

2. SynthMMA

SynthMMA Orange Belt

Uriah Hall was very impressive in the TUF house where his competition was less than stellar. Once he signed with the UFC and was fighting live, his performances were horrible. The UFC were so desperate for him to win, they fed him Chris Leben and even then I wasn't that impressed at Hall's performance. IIRC, he was apologizing to Leben every time he felt he really hurt him.

I'd prolly pick Page.

3. Bigj383

Bigj383 Gold Belt

Hall... Page hasn't fought anyone even 1/50th his level. Not to mention Hall is a weight class higher.

4. Go Go Plata

Go Go Plata Black Belt

Page would humiliated Hall. Hall is able to tee off on guys that stand right in front of him, also seems to gas..not like we know how Page is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

5. Go Go Plata

Go Go Plata Black Belt

You do realize that Hall was beaten by 2 WWs? Hall's only offense relies on slow, plotting strikers that stand right in front of him. Page would destroy him. We would probably see Hall spam TDs

6. SynthMMA

SynthMMA Orange Belt

Hall has fought better competition but that doesn't necessarily mean that gives Hall any significant advantage. He got owned by that better competition.

This, however, would be the advantage I'd give Hall. I'd still take Page though.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  7. Bigj383

Bigj383 Gold Belt

The weight is the smallest factor. I know who hall has lost to. Gastelum would likely finish Page in the first. You are so impressed by can crushing. It's easy to look good against crap oppnents.

8. The Reed

The Reed Red Belt

Hall would be too slow to even get close to landing anything significant.

9. VIP1349

VIP1349 Silver Belt

Completely depends which Hall shows up. If its the killer we saw with Leben or on TUF, he destroys Page. If its scared ass Hall, then Page picks him apart on the feet and embarasses him.

Page hasn't faced the level of dudes Urijah has. And Hall is much bigger as well. Only him getting in his own head will stop him.

10. SynthMMA

SynthMMA Orange Belt

Hall's one victory in the UFC was against a can. (Leben was a can at that point in his career).

IIRC, Chris Leben didn't even generate any offense in that fight and was being picked apart by a dude apologizing every time he felt he hurt him. He looked great on TUF but that was TUF.

11. Bigj383

Bigj383 Gold Belt

The two guys Hall walked through on TUF are far better than anyone Page has faced. Even old decrepid Chris Leben is way better than anyone Page has face. We 've seen what old decrepid Tito did to Bellator's MW champion.

You can take the lowest ranked WW in the UFC and they are still better than anyone Page has beat.

12. Go Go Plata

Go Go Plata Black Belt

doing your early morning trolling I see

Hall leaves his chin up and has terrible striking defense. His foot work isn't so pretty 3 mins into the fight. Page would finish him in the 2nd, if not 1st.

13. Bigj383

Bigj383 Gold Belt

You are one of the most delusional posters on here. Talk to me when Page beats someone worth a damn.

14. Go Go Plata

Go Go Plata Black Belt

Likewise with Hall

15. Slongkong

Slongkong Brown Belt

Page cause he doesn't get into his own head. Hall breaks easy

16. SynthMMA

SynthMMA Orange Belt

Is that a fact? Can you explain why Adam Cella, for instance, is better than anyone Page has fought?

If Page fought the Chris Leben of now, I'm more than confident Page would win. I'm also confident that Page's performance would surpass that of Hall's.

Although I picked Schlemenko to win, Tito had a decisive advantage in size. He was A LOT heavier than Schlemenko. I also don't see how this is relevant.

17. Seven30

Seven30 Brown Belt

Hall is a lot bigger (although MVP is a bit of a giant for 170) & has fought much better competition. But Page would definitely go for it, whereas Hall may come into the fight passive. If "TUF" Uriah shows up, he wins. If not, Page could pull off an upset.

18. SynthMMA

SynthMMA Orange Belt

You guys are really overrating the level of competition of that seasons TUF.

19. Chet Longshaft

Chet Longshaft White Belt

This is retarded.