Michael McDonald Signs With Bellator

Mayday is young but he's got miles on him, has been fighting since a young age. Also been inactive and has had injuries. He's also a small camp guy who hasnt really gotten better in recent years. 5 fights in last 4 years, injuries, hopefully he can stay healthy and go on a run here.

Bellators div is a good fit for him, its basically Caldwell, Dantas, Higo and Warren.
Good points all around. 26 is still young enough to invest in though. He has been in some battles, but has been inactive lately . He even mentioned he wasn't training much when he was Interviewed about what he said about the UFC. That inactivity could have given him time to heal. He has also been injured, but they have largely been hand injuries. I don't think they are as detrimental as knee injuries.

Like I said, great points you have made. I think there is still a solid upswing in mcdonalds future. Still pretty young.

Its already been quite a year for Bellator MMA and its not even half over...I feel a lot of UFC fighters are going to part ways in the near future....which overall is great for MMA, the monopoly has gone on too long since Pride died.

Great signing by Bellator. I look forward to his debut there.

if coker got rid of the cage for a ring hed be my favorite person in the world.

Win or lose Mayday is fun to watch. If he headlines a card I guarantee we won't be disappointed like after so many recent Bellator events.

Good for both parties. Mayday is really good to watch, he won't win the title but he'll put on some exciting fights against the top dogs.

Yeah its a good signing and i wish Mcdonald all the best.

but he is gonna have to fight more often and perform and get his name circulating.

How long as he been in the UFC and how many fights? a fight career is a job and you have to put in the time. in the gym, in the cage, on the promo tour, hustling on the side from deals your agent/manager set up for you.

i like him but he cant honestly say he gave himself, the UFC, or the fans enough of what he is capable of.

i hope this turns things around for him and we start seeing him fight regularly.

Back