Michael Grant vs Lou Saverese - video

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pretty good fight.
Some moments of good exchanges.
Goes to highlight how much better of a fight Lennox was than either.

Having a back and forth with Lou might be your undoing when you fight at the next level.

couple of things:
Grant is kind of like Wilder here. Watch how late in the fight he finds that energy reserve and just comes right back to life.

also, Roy Jones is a horrendous commentator.

Only Forman was a worse commentator than RJJ.

he was just so hysterical.
When Lewis knocked Grant down “he just broke his leg!”.... then the next moment Grant is up and moving around

Grant has better fundamentals and a lead hand. I see more similarities between him and Wladimir Klitschko or Joshua than Wilder.

I liked listening to George.

When Lewis knocked Grant down “he just broke his leg!”.... then the next moment Grant is up and moving around
Grant didnt know he was injured yet. I think he broke his ankle

i'll never forget the broken leg call. Worse was the rant about how mosley might be thrown off or spooked by Stones trunks....

Grant has better fundamentals and a lead hand. I see more similarities between him and Wladimir Klitschko or Joshua than Wilder.

I liked listening to George.

the similarity to Wilder I was mentioning was his complete regaining of his energy.
Wilder will look completely sapped of everything and then late in the fight he’ll look as fresh as he did in round 1.

with Grant he’d look dead to the world, lumbering around like Goliath about to topple after taking one to the forehead.... and then much later in the fight Grant would look as he did in round one.

Pretty good fight.
Some moments of good exchanges.
Goes to highlight how much better of a fight Lennox was than either.

Having a back and forth with Lou might be your undoing when you fight at the next level.

couple of things:
Grant is kind of like Wilder here. Watch how late in the fight he finds that energy reserve and just comes right back to life.

also, Roy Jones is a horrendous commentator.

Roy always wanted the black guy to win in these situations

Grant didnt know he was injured yet. I think he broke his ankle

Grant broke his ankle in his next fight against McCline. It's possible that he suffered some kind of sprain with the way he went down.

He went down like a guy who has been shot.

Foreman made some crazy calls, but it was interesting to hear the fight from a puncher's perspective. Usually the boxers who become commentators, are skilled technicians. Big George's perspective on the fights differed greatly from probably anybody else's.

A lot of times he would treat a fight as if everybody had the same kind of punching power that he did. He would still be pulling for a guy who had been hopelessly outclassed with no chance of winning.

Grant broke his ankle in his next fight against McCline. It's possible that he suffered some kind of sprain with the way he went down.

I guess you're right

He went down like a guy who has been shot.

Foreman made some crazy calls, but it was interesting to hear the fight from a puncher's perspective. Usually the boxers who become commentators, are skilled technicians. Big George's perspective on the fights differed greatly from probably anybody else's.

A lot of times he would treat a fight as if everybody had the same kind of punching power that he did. He would still be pulling for a guy who had been hopelessly outclassed with no chance of winning.

Never connected all of this... but you chaps are probably right about the ankle.

The punches Grant landed on Adamek in their fight actually had me thinking that Grant was going to knock Adamek stupid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back